Chapter 41 - Fire Dragon King's Daughter VS Water Dragon Queen's Son

Lucy's POV

"Let's resume our fight, shall we?" I said as I leapt towards Kaito with a flaming fist. Before I could land a hit on him, my fist went crazy and punched my face instead. The force made me tumble to the side. "That was embarrassing" Kaito smirked. "Shut up Water Boy!" I shouted and then leapt at him again. This time my flaming fist hit him, but he blocked it with his arm.

He tried to create some distance from me, but I quickly caught up and punched his face. The force of my punch threw him across the room and into a wall. While he was disoriented, I jumped high and threw down my flaming foot. "Fire Dragon Talon!" I chanted. At the last second, he crossed his arms over his head and blocked my attack.

As I leapt back for a breather, Kaito pushed himself out of the wall. "You sure are cocky" he said, holding his jaw as he walked over towards me. "You're one to talk. I'm going to get payback for what you did to Levy, Jet and Droy" I replied. "Bring it on" he taunted and then we both charged at each other with a fist full of our elements. We clashed with a punch and then a kick. "Water Dragon Whip!" he chanted as a whip made out of water extended at me. I front flipped away before it could hit me, landed on my hands and then kicked him in the face. He lifted his leg and kneed me in the stomach. I landed on my back and grunted in pain. I couldn't rest for a second as I saw his water whip coming down from above, so I quickly rolled out of the way and onto my feet.

The ground where I once laid was ripped apart. "That's a dangerous whip you have there" I said. "Water can be as hard as stone with the right amount of force. Let me show you!" he replied and then threw his whip down at me. I jumped out of the way before it could touch me. The range of destruction crawled further than the water whip's length, causing a long line of demolition. He threw two more massive destruction whips at me which I nimbly dodge by flipping over them.

Once I landed on my feet, I glanced at the destruction his water whip caused. I saw the iron floor with cracks and metal pipes sticking out. Some of the pipes were leaking water which I suspect to be the guild's source of water. "All this fighting is thirsty work" he smirked and then began drinking from a sprout of water coming from one of the pipes he broke. "No fair! You're drinking?!" I complained as I stamped my foot.

Suddenly a wave of dizziness came over me and I held my head while keeping myself steady. I still haven't recovered enough magic energy since they drained me with Jupiter. What am I going to do? I'm starting to feel weak with the lack of magic energy and there's no source of fire anywhere that I could eat to replenish it. "Ready to give up sweetheart?" Kaito said as he stopped drinking and walked towards me. "Hell no" I growled at him.

"Blondie" I heard Natsu call out and we turned our attention to him. He punched a gas pipe that was crawling up the wall beside him, creating an explosion. The force pushed Kaito away from me while I was engulfed in it. Without hesitation, I slurped up all the flames in one go. I felt my magic energy immediately grow back up to full strength. "Ah I feel so much better" I smirked at Kaito and then turned to Natsu with a bright smile. "Thanks Natsu" I said and I saw the corner of his lip pull up into a small smile as he looked at me with soft eyes. Realising what he was doing, the small smile turned back into a frown with hard eyes faster than it appeared. That's the first time I've ever seen Natsu smile!

"Just because you've eaten doesn't mean you're going to beat me!" Kaito shouted as he charged to me with a raised water engulfed fist. I uppercut him with my flaming fist and forced him back. He landed on his feet and breathed in for a breath attack. "Water Dragon King Roar!" he chanted. "Fire Dragon Queen Roar!" I chanted and then our roars clashed. Both roars caused a huge explosion and almost destroyed the whole room. The explosion also created a giant hole in the wall behind Kaito.

"Looks like we're evenly matched" he said and then turned around to look through the hole. He chuckled at what he saw. "Hey look, we're doing some remodelling" he joked and then I looked at what he was talking about. My eyes widened as I saw a giant ball of Jose's Shade Troopers smashing our guild hall. Fond memories of my time in Fairy Tail passed through my mind. I may have not been there long, but I already have tons of great memories there. I heard Natsu growl as he watches the guild hall be destroyed. He may not like it there but Fairy Tail has still been a home for him. My blood boiled and my eyes hardened into a glare, they've crossed the line.

"You've made a big mistake messing with Fairy Tail" I growled as my body ignited with flames. "Don't you know that water beats fire?" Kaito said and then put his hands in front of him for an attack. "Water Cyclone!" he chanted, and a large circular torrent of water shot towards me. I put my hands in front of me and heated my hands higher. My flames immediately evaporated his water cyclone. "H-How? My water should've dowsed your flames" Kaito said, shocked. I ignored his shock and pulled my fist back for an attack.

"Flame Lotus: Fire Dragon Fist!" I chanted before I continuously punched him with my flaming fist. After punching him over a dozen times, I finished the move with one more uppercut to the jaw. He flew backwards unconscious and crashed onto the floor. Well, I guess fire can defeat water.

Two single claps broke the silence and I turned to see it was coming from Natsu. "Well done" he said, and I smiled proudly. 'He just gave me a compliment!' I inwardly cheered. Suddenly a breeze crossed my neck from the large hole and I remembered I'm not wearing my scarf. My neck felt naked without it and I've never taken it off for this amount of time before. I quickly spotted my scarf wrapped around Natsu's neck. It strangely looks good on him and I've glad he's kept it safe this whole time. "Even though you look amazing with my scarf Natsu, I think I'd like it back now please. Thanks for taking care of it for me" I said as I held my hand out. He unwrapped it from his neck and then handed it back to me. I immediately wrapped it around my neck and snuggled my face into it with relief. Thank goodness, I didn't lose it.

"Lucy, Natsu, look!" we heard Happy call out and then we turned to him. He was proudly standing with one paw on top of a defeated Kyan. Guess he won his fight too. "Great job buddy" I praised and then he flew excitedly over to me. I opened up my arms and accepted his hug. "Let's go" Natsu said and then started heading to the giant hole. "But what about Jose? The fighting won't stop until he's stopped" I said as I held Happy in my arms. "The Old Man will take care of him" he replied. "What are you talking-" I immediately stopped talking when I felt a powerful magic presence. It wasn't dark like Jose's but rather like a warm light. "Come on" Natsu urged us to leave. At least Gramps is fine, I trust he will be able to end this war.