Chapter 55 - Love At First Sight

Lucy's POV

Celestia stared up at the Fairy Tail building in awe. I smiled at her reaction, 'I reacted the exact same way when I first saw Fairy Tail' I thought with a quiet giggle. "Ready to go in?" I asked her as I walked to the guild doors and she nodded with excitement. "Welcome to Fairy Tail" I said as I opened the doors. As usual, everyone was drinking and chatting with each other.

"Lucy, my beloved! You've finally returned!" Kaito said happily as he ran over to me. 'Oh great, Kaito's here' I inwardly groaned. I think I understand how Gray feels. "How was the request?" he asked. "The request went smoothly" I replied and then notice Kyan staring at Celestia with his mouth ajar from behind Kaito. Oh~, I think someone just fell in love at first sight! My ship senses are tingling. Now I need to come up with a good ship name.

I was broken out of my shipping train of thought when Kaito wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me against his chest, and holding a lock of my hair in his other hand. "Did you miss me?" he asked seductively with a wink and kissed my hair in his hand. Before I could send a Lucy Kick between his legs, a hand slammed against his face and ripped him off me. I followed the hand to find it belonged to an angry Natsu. He growled threateningly before roughly pushing him away. I mouthed 'thank you' to Natsu and then walked over to Celestia.

"Follow me, let's speak to Gramps about getting your Fairy Tail mark and then I want to introduce you to everyone" I said to her, excited to show her around Fairy Tail. She smiled excitedly and flew up to my level. "Let's go!" she replied. I walked her over to the bar where Gramps was sitting on the bar counter watching everyone in the guildhall. "Hey Gramps, we're back from our job" I greeted him. He smiled as he saw me approach. "Welcome back Lucy" he greeted back and then turned his attention to Celestia next to me. "And I see you've brought a friend" he said.

"Indeed I did. Gramps, meet Celestia. She was one of the captured we saved" I introduced. "Nice to meet ya. Am I correct in assuming you would like to join the guild?" he asked. "Yes sir" Celestia replied with a smile. "Just call me Gramps and welcome to Fairy Tail" he said returning a smile. My smile along with Celestia's grew wider and then I pulled her over to Mira to get her Fairy Tail mark.

"Mira, I'd like you to meet my new friend Celestia. Celestia, this is Mirajane she runs the bar" I introduced the two. "Nice to meet you Celestia. You can call me Mira" Mira said. "Nice to meet you too" Celestia replied. "Hey Mira, Celestia here needs to get her Fairy Tail mark" I said and Mira grabbed the insignia stamp from under the counter. "Where would you like it and in what colour?" she asked. Celestia turned around to show her back. "On my back in dark blue please" she said. Mira stamped Celestia's back with a smile. I smiled as I saw the dark blue Fairy Tail insignia appear on her back. She was now an official member of the guild.

"Have a look" Mira said as she brought out a mirror from underneath the counter and faced it to Celestia's back. Celestia admired her insignia with a bright smile on her face and then flew to tackle me into a hug. "Thank you Lucy!" she cried happily and I giggled. "Welcome home Celestia" I said to her as I hugged her back and I felt her hold tighten slightly.

"Awe, you two are so cute" Mira commented which made us turn our heads to her. She was smiling at the moment me and Celestia were sharing. We released our hug and then I turned to Celestia. "Come with me. I want to introduce you to the rest of the guild" I said before walking away. "Hell yeah" she replied excitedly and flew after me.

I spent the rest of the day taking her around the whole guild to meet everyone. She had no problems fitting in with everyone and surprisingly she and Happy have a lot in common. They even bonded over fish and now they were sitting on a table side by side nibbling a fish each. I could tell they were going to be best exceed friends. As they were enjoying their fish, I noticed Kyan staring at Celestia from his seat on the far side of the guild. Kaito was next to him staring at me but I ignored him.

I inwardly giggled at how cute and obvious Kyan was. Kystia! That'll be my ship name for them. A familiar growl caught my attention with my heightened hearing and I looked up to the second floor. Natsu was staring down at me and then motioned with his head for me to come up to his table on the second floor. I smiled before walking over to the stairs.

"What do you need Natsu?" I asked as I stopped next to him. He pointed to the spot next to him on the seat. "Sit" he ordered which I raised an eyebrow. He seemed extra irritated right now and it's rare for him to call me up to his table. I wonder what's bothering him. Without arguing, I walked around him and sat down where he pointed. "What's this about?" I asked, crossing my arms and leaning them on the table. He growled and glared down at something downstairs. I took a glance at what he was glaring at and saw he was glaring at Kaito who was also glaring back at him. "Kaito was staring at you" he grumbled. I smirked, "is someone jealous?" I teased. Of course, I knew he couldn't be jealous but I couldn't help the feeling to tease him a little.

He growled but didn't deny my question or remove his glare on Kaito. A blush heated up my cheeks and a smile grew on my face. Natsu turned to look at me and raised an eyebrow. "What are you smiling about?" he asked grumpily as if I was offending him. "It's nothing" I replied, the smile never leaving my face. It was obvious that he didn't believe me but he didn't argue about it.