Chapter 62 - Mine

Natsu's POV

"Thank you Dragon Slayers and Exceeds for helping me retrieve my egg back" Stella said as she laid in her dragon form, with her egg between her front claws, outside the mayor's mansion. "I'm sure Mr Bubbles won't bother you or your nest ever again" Wendy reassured her. "Even if he does or anyone else for that matter, you know where to find us" Gajeel said. "Be sure to visit once the little one has hatched. We would love to officially meet them" Lucy added and Stella nodded. "I will and if you ever need my help, you know how to find me Lucy" she said. Lucy is the only one Stella trusts with the location of her den. Stella must've told her when she pulled her aside earlier today while the rest of us were heading outside after finding her egg.

Stella gently scooped up the egg in her claw before stretching out her wings and flapping them so she was hovering above the ground. "Bye. I will look forward to the next time we meet" she said before flying away into the sunrise. "Bye!" the girls called out with a wave while the boys just waved. With our mission officially over, I started walking in the direction of Clover Town. I heard footsteps quickly run after me along with the sound of wings. "Wait for us Natsu" Lucy said and I looked over my shoulder to see her cute pout. I felt my cheeks heating up, so I quickly turned my head forward. What is this feeling I have towards her?

After walking through the forest for an hour, we decided to make camp so we could catch up on sleep. We've been awake for over 24 hours, and everyone was beginning to look exhausted. I brought Lucy, Happy and Celestia over to a tree and I sat down at the roots. Leaning back, I rested my back and head against a tree and closed my eyes. I heard some footsteps coming over to our group and stop next to where Lucy was sitting. "Hey Blon-I mean Lucy, do you mind if I talk to you for a moment?" I heard Sting ask. His voice seemed a little nervous for some reason. "Sure" I heard Lucy reply and I let out a small growl. Noticing my growl, I felt Lucy put a hand on my arm and squeeze it lightly. "I'll be back soon" she said and then I heard two sets of footsteps walk away behind me.

I decided to open my eyes and watch them from afar. Peeking my head around the tree, I could see them standing face-to-face. Luckily, they stayed slightly within my hearing range so I could hear their conversation. "So um...I wanted to say thanks for earlier, I was surprised you and the others came to help us back in the mansion" he said while scratching the back of his neck nervously. Lucy gave him a sweet smile which made me narrow my eyes at Sting. "Even though we've butted heads in the past I wouldn't leave you there to die" she replied. "Again, thanks" he said and gave Lucy a quick kiss on the cheek. A small blush dusted Lucy's cheek as she stared at him in surprise. A KISS! HOW DARE HE!

A deep growl rumbled in my throat as I jumped to my feet and ran towards them. "You know, you're kind of cu-aaaaaargh!" Sting said before I kicked him in the stomach. His body flew back until his back hit a tree. "Natsu?!" Lucy exclaimed in shock. Without giving her the chance to scold me or to check on Sting, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her deeper into the forest. I think I know now what this feeling is and I don't like its partner 'Jealousy'.

"Na-Natsu!" Lucy said but I kept pulling her with me. Once we were far enough and out of earshot of the others, I turned around and looked at her with an unintentional glare. Sting kissing her cheek was still fresh and raging in my mind. "W-What? Why are you glaring at me?" Lucy asked nervously as she took a step back but was trapped by my grasp on her wrist. Words seemed to escape me. How do I put into words that I want her to be mine? Usually, I had no problem speaking my mind but for possibly the first time, I didn't know what to say.

I decided to speak from the heart and be honest about my feelings. "I want you to be mine" I said as I changed my glare into a soft gaze. "What?" Lucy said, surprised and her eyes widened. "I want you to be mine" I repeated, "I won't let any men have you because I love you" there I finally said it. I looked down towards the ground while taking a few glances to read her expression. She stayed surprised for a few more seconds and then a soft expression crossed her face. It would kill me inside if she rejected me. "I'll be yours" she said and I whipped my head up to look at her. Did I hear that correctly? "You will?" I asked in disbelief and she nodded with a smile. "I love you too Natsu" she confirmed, and I pulled her into an embrace, holding her waist.

Now that she's finally mine, I really wanted to kiss those soft pink lips of hers. I looked to the side with a blush without letting her go. "Can I...kiss you?" I asked hesitantly and then I heard her giggle which made my blush worsen. As soon as she said "you can" shyly, I whipped my head around and kissed her lips hungrily. I felt her return the kiss and wrap her arms around my neck. Sparks flew as we kissed. After a minute of kissing, we broke the kiss to catch our breaths, but we didn't let go of each other. I will never let her go for as long as I live.