Chapter 52 - The Dark Sirens

Natsu's POV

Jellal led us to the blind spot where we could quietly watch the Dark Sirens from above a small cliff. As he said, the guild was entirely made of women, and they were rushing around packing some items into a couple of carriages. One woman with long wavy copper-coloured hair and amber-coloured eyes was in the middle of the chaos, ordering fifty other women. She wore a sage green cami with a zipped up copper leather crop jacket over the top, black skin-tight pants and brown boots. There was something about her that I didn't like.

"Come on girls! I want us gone by sundown. Remember, don't damage the merchandise" I heard her order her women with my Dragon Slayer hearing. "The woman with the brown hair and ordering the others is Kumi" Jellal said. "I only see them carrying objects. No humans or animals" Gray observed. "They like to move them last" he replied. "Kumi said she wants them gone by sundown, so we only have a small window to come up with a plan and stop them" Lucy told them.

"How about we-" argh I'm sick of waiting around. I jumped out of our hiding spot and walked towards the Dark Sirens, but then I was pulled back into our hiding spot by the collar of my cloak. I growled at the person who pulled me back, but it ceased when I saw it was Lucy. "Wait a moment Natsu" she said and then turned to the others. "I've got an idea" she said and then explained her plan.

I will cause a distraction along with Happy, making the Dark Sirens believe we came here alone to take down their guild. Even though that IS why we're there in the first place. Anyway, while we're distracting the Dark Sirens, Lucy and the others will be sneaking into the Dark Sirens' hideout to free the captured humans and animals. I don't like the part where she'll be with Jellal while I'm not around to protect her.

"No" I growled, showing my disagreement with her plan. "And why not" she pouted. "You stay with me" I replied and then glared at Jellal. Lucy seemed to understand my problem with her plan was my distrust in Jellal around her. "I'll be fine Natsu" she said. "Wait, I think you should stay with Chaos, Lucy" Erza said and Lucy turned her head around to her. "Why?" she asked. "The Dark Sirens may suspect our plan if you aren't with Chaos and Happy. News must've spread about 'Chaos' girl'" Erza explained. 'At least others know she's mine' I thought. "Why do they make it sound like we're a couple" Lucy sighed to herself. "With you not by Chaos and Happy's side, they might catch wind that you're somewhere nearby. So I suggest you stick with them for this plan to work" Erza continued.

"Ok, I see your point. I'll stay with Natsu and Happy" Lucy said. 'Yes, thank you red-haired demon woman' I inwardly cheered. Now she won't be anywhere near Jellal. "Alright, now that we have a plan. I know of a way we can sneak in by the back of the building. Lucy, Happy and Chaos could distract them from the front of the building" Jellal said. "Anyone have any objections?" Erza asked but everyone except for me shook their head. I had no more objections. As long as Lucy's away from Jellal and by my side, I'm happy.

"Alright then, Lucy, Happy, Chaos, give us about five minutes to get into position" Erza said before sneaking off with Jellal, Gray, Wendy and Carla. Gray looked annoyed by the fact he had to be on the same team as Jellal but was keeping an eye on him. With Lucy and Happy with me, I don't care what happens with their team.

As soon as they were out of sight, I stood up and walked towards the Dark Sirens' hideout. "Natsu? Erza said to wait a few minutes" Lucy whispered. I shrugged my shoulder and kept walking. A few minutes wasn't going to make a difference so why should we wait. Plus, I'm not going to let Erza or anyone else tell me what to do.

I heard a light groan from behind me before I heard Lucy's footsteps and Happy's wings following me. "Let's take them down" Happy said excitedly while punching his paws like he was boxing. 'You mean "let Lucy and Natsu take them down while I watch from the sidelines"' I thought with a playful roll of my eyes. "Hey! I saw that Natsu. You insulted me in your head didn't you" Happy accused me. "I don't know what you're talking about" I denied and he glared at me. "Boys, we need to stay quiet if we want to have the element of surprise" Lucy said. Happy imaginarily zipped up his lips and threw away the key while I just nodded.

Once we were within eyesight of the Dark Sirens, Kumi whipped her head around towards us. "Who the hell are you?" she demanded, which made the rest of her guild members stop what they were doing and look at us. They all went into a fighting stance when we passed the edge of the building's front lawn. Kumi looked towards me and seemed to recognise me. "Wait, you're Chaos from Fairy Tail aren't you" she stated and then looked over at Lucy and Happy. "And these must be Chaos' girl and pet" she added.

"I'm not a pet!" Happy complained but Kumi ignored him. "I second that!" we heard and turned to the voice to find a gold-coloured female exceed trapped in a small steel cage, at the feet of one of the women to our left. "We are living beings just like you! We don't belong to anyone!" she shouted at Kumi. "Shut up! Nikita, get that cargo onto the carriage" Kumi ordered and the woman who was standing next to the caged exceed picked up the cage. "You take care of Kumi. I'll rescue the exceed and take out the rest" Lucy told me quietly before running after the woman named Nikita. I haven't seen her fired up for a while, I don't feel sorry for the women she's fighting. With fifty women to fight, she might need a little help. "Help Lucy" I told Happy and he didn't argue as he flew off to help Lucy.

Kumi smirked when she saw this fight was going to be a one-on-one between me and her. "Looks like it's between you and me Chaos. Let's see if you can hit a woman" she taunted. I have no problem hitting a woman. If I can't beat up Jellal, I guess I will settle with beating up a master of a dark guild for now.