Chapter 56 - Dragon Slayers Unite!

Natsu's POV

What? Me jealous? A chaos dragon slayer like me doesn't get jealous. It's just annoying when Kaito flirts with her and gives her lustful looks. I mean he did kidnap her and torture her while he was in Phantom Lord. I'm only protecting my friend...Right?

"Lucy, Natsu, Kaito, Gajeel and Wendy! Come to my office!" the old man's voice called throughout the guild. 'Wonder what he wants' I thought as I stood up from my seat along with Lucy. "He doesn't sound mad so I don't think we did anything wrong" Lucy commented before we walked to the old man's office.

"Why did you call all the Dragon Slayers for Gramps?" Lucy asked as the five of us, plus Happy, Carla, Pantherlily, Celestia and Kyan, entered the old man's office. Gajeel leant against the wall while the rest of us stood. Kaito tried to stand close to Lucy but I made sure to stand in between them.

The old man pushed a paper across his desk towards us. "The Magic Council has requested you five to go on this job" the old man said and then looked at each of the dragon slayers. "A dragon was spotted attacking a city on the northern edge of Fiore" he continued. Our eyes widened as soon as he mentioned a dragon. All the dragon slayers were probably wondering if it's their own dragon, but I think it'll most likely be my father Acnologia. From some of the stories I've heard about their dragons, I don't think any of their dragons would attack a city. Once I get my hands on my father, I'm going to punish him for abandoning me.

"Do you know what type of dragon?" Wendy asked but the old man shook his head. "Unfortunately, no. They only mention the dragon being dark blue and having unusual magic abilities" he replied. 'Sounds like my father' I thought. Lucy quietly sighed in relief which caught my attention. 'She must've thought it was her dragon brother' I thought before turning my attention back to the old man. "The Magic Council would like you five to head to the Clover Meeting Hall, with Happy, Carla, Patherlily, Celestia and Kyan of course, by tomorrow morning. Someone will meet you there to give you further instructions" he explained before handing the request paper to Lucy. "We won't let you down Gramps" she said before we all filed out of his office.

After saying bye to the rest of the guild, we headed towards the train station. When we reached the train station, Kaito stopped us. "Wait a minute, how about we walk to Clover? I mean we are all dragon slayers with motion sickness" he suggested. "I like that idea" Gajeel spoke up. "But Clover is a fair distance away" Lucy mentioned. In my opinion, I prefer to walk there but I'll follow whatever Lucy chooses. "Why don't we take a vote?" Wendy suggested and all the dragon slayers nodded in agreement except me. "Alright, how many vote we should walk to Clover?" Lucy asked and immediately all five of us put our hand up.

"Don't be ridiculous! Master said we need to get there by tomorrow morning. We'd be lucky to get there in time if we walked all night" Carla complained. I rolled my eyes, someone needs to work on their anger issues. "Carla's right. As much as we hate train and every other forms of transportation, the only way for us to reach Clover in time is to take the train" Lucy said. Kaito suddenly grasped Lucy's hand and looked into her eyes lovingly. "I'll follow you anywhere. To the end of Earthland or even on a train" he flirted, which I retaliated by kicking him in the side to push him away from Lucy. I might've 'accidentally' put too much power in my kick because he flew into a wall, making a human-sized hole.

"Oops" I said, making sure Lucy heard me. "Natsu, you didn't need to kick him that hard" she lightly scolded but I shrugged. She lightly sighed before going to help Kaito along with Wendy and Carla. "Nice one" Gajeel muttered and gave me an approving smirk. At least someone approves of my methods against Kaito.

"Gramps isn't going to be happy when he hears about this" Happy commented as he looked at the hole I made. I looked down at the exceeds. "Does this happen a lot?" Celestia asked and Happy replied "yep." Behind them, Pantherlily was talking to Gajeel while Kyan was making googly eyes at Celestia. 'Like Dragon Slayer, like Exceed' I thought with a roll of my eyes. Once Kaito was out of his body shaped hole, we walked into the train station and took the next train to Clover.

After the long and sickening train ride to Clover Town, we reached the Clover Meeting Hall. The Clover Meeting Hall was a large brick building with a black roof and an arched doorway. It had a short tower on each corner of the building. We opened the two large wooden doors and spotted two people and two exceeds standing in the middle of the hall. "Argh! You've got to be kidding me!" Lucy exclaimed. Standing in the middle of the hall were Sting and Rogue from Sabertooth with their exceeds Lector and Frosch.

Sting smirked as soon as he saw Lucy and me. "Chaos, Blondie, good to see you two again" he said, sinisterly. I stepped closer to Lucy until we were brushing shoulders and then I growled at him. "Sting, we're not here for round two. We're here on a job" Rogue said. Sting turned to him and glared at him. "What are you talking about Rogue? We didn't even have round one. Chaos ruined it remember?" Sting retorted and Rogue rolled his eyes. Great...now I have to protect Lucy from two enemies, Sting and Kaito.