Chapter 51 - March to the Dark Sirens' Hideout

Lucy's POV

"The Dark Sirens is a dark guild completely made up of women, and also run by a female master named Kumi. They run a massive smuggling ring that expands mainly throughout Fiore but also a few other international countries like Bosco. Their favourite kind of business is animal and human trafficking, but they also exchange stolen items, illegal weapons, and alcohol for huge sums of jewels. As you may know already, their headquarters is located somewhere near Hargeon but no one has been able to pinpoint their exact location. Fortunately, Ultear, Melody and I did some digging and we found out they have multiple, almost a hundred, storage houses all around Hargeon where they move and keep their goods" Jellal explained.

"That would explain why the Magic Council has been having trouble pinpointing their location" Erza said in thought while holding her chin. "They're very good at covering their tracks. From our research, they move locations every four to five days. Ultear, Melody and I have found their current location but we only have two days before they move again" Jellal said. "So that means we need to attack them today or tomorrow" I said and Jellal nodded. "Tomorrow they will be moving to their next location" he said. "Where is their current location now?" Erza asked. "If you would allow me, I'll take you there myself" Jellal replied.

Gray stomped his foot and clenched his fists. "Hell no! What if you lead us into a trap?!" Gray shouted and Natsu nodded in agreement with a growl. It shocked me to see them agree on something for once. They must really hate Jellal more than they hate each other. Wow, I never thought I would ever see that.

Jellal looked down, saddened by Gray's words. He really wants us to trust him. I don't know what happened in the past with the Tower of Heaven incident, but I didn't see any mistrust in his words. Plus, he has Erza's full support who was also involved in the incident. I took two steps forward which made Happy flew off my shoulder and hovered next to Natsu. My actions turned everyone's attention onto me. I turned my head to look at my team. "I'm not sure what all of you are going to do, but I'm going to follow Jellal" I said and then took another step.

Natsu reached out and grabbed my wrist. He growled as if he was threatening me not to go which I knew he wouldn't actually do anything to harm me. I could tell he deeply cares about me, enough that he doesn't want me to go with someone he doesn't trust. "I've made up my mind Natsu and you're not going to stop me" I said. He growled and gritted his teeth while looking away like he was thinking of what to do. After a moment with a groan of anger, he let go of my wrist and stood next to me with his arms crossed as if he was saying 'fine! But I'm going with you'. I smiled at his decision.

"If Natsu and Lucy are going, then so am I" Happy said, flying over to stand with us. "I'm going too" Erza immediately said after him and stood next to us. "Don't forget about us" Wendy said while holding Carla in her arms and stood next to us as well. Carla huffed but didn't argue. We all turned to look at Gray since he was the last person standing. He huffed as he looked away from us. Looks like the peer pressure was getting to him. "Fine, I'm coming too but expect an 'I told you so' when he betrays us" he said and then finally joined us. "Lead the way Jellal" Erza said now that everyone was ready. A kind smile grew on Jellal's face and he nodded before leading the way.

Jellal led us towards the Dark Sirens' current hideout. He told us on the way that he found a blind spot in an area where their defences are weakest. As we were following him, he abruptly stopped and told us with a quick hand signal to hide. We split up and hid behind some trees. Two women walked by us down the dirt path we were on a minute ago. Both displayed a Dark Siren insignia on their bodies. One had a black insignia on the left side of her neck while her friend had one on her outer right thigh. They were chatting away about their boyfriends.

With a quick glance, Jellal and Erza nodded in understanding and then jumped the two women. They wrapped a hand around the girls' mouths to stop them from warning the others and pinned their arms behind their back. "Sleep" Jellal said in a stern voice and both women fell asleep instantly. They gently placed the women against a nearby tree. "Wow, I didn't know you knew sleep magic Jellal" I said as I came out of my hiding spot. "It's not my main magic but I learned that spell from Mystogan" he replied. Wendy stepped forward, "he taught you that spell? Do you know where he is now?" she asked with a hopeful glint in her eyes.

"Sorry Wendy, we've only bumped into each other a few times when we happen to be in the same town during our travels" Jellal replied. Wendy looked down slightly disappointed. "But, when I cross paths with him again, I will let him know you're looking for him" he added and Wendy's expression brightened.

Natsu became tired of waiting around so he grasped my wrist and pulled me down the path we were originally following. He paused a few steps away from the others and glared at them from over his shoulder. "Move" he growled and then continued pulling me down the path without waiting for their response. I sighed and shook my head. When is he going to learn to stop trying to scare people?