Moving On

A couple of weeks have passed and it was nearly Halloween, also meaning the anniversary of Melody's mothers' death is near. Ironic really, she died on Halloween.

Melody's father never talked about her and Cedric's mother, all they sure of is that she died a year after Melody was born. Her father normally refused to talk about their mother for some odd reason. Neither Melody nor Cedric ever asked about her, they always thought it was a 'sensitive subject'. Now that they thought about it, no one ever spoke about their mother, including some of the professors that went to school with their mother.

As cruel as it sounds, her mother's death never really hurt. In defense, she never knew her. When Melody was younger, there were times when she wished she had a mother to braid her hair, school gossip, maybe even read to her, but as she got older, she realized all she needed was her dad and brother.

-

Melody was sitting in Divination class waiting for it to end. All this talk about the future, Melody couldn't care less. Her thoughts were interrupted by Professor Trelawney dismissing everyone. She rushed out of the classroom and made her way to the common room.

As Melody walked into the common room, she saw Cedric. He turned his head towards Melody with an unreadable expression. She walked over to him, returning the expression.

"Did something happen?"

"Dad just sent me a letter with some interesting news, I don't have an idea what it could be about," he said, handing her the letter.

Melody unfolded the letter and began reading,

Dear Cedric and Melody,

I have some important news to announce once you come home for winter break. I will say this now, what I have to say isn't exactly delightful.

Anyways, I hope that you're doing well and I look forward to seeing you on winter break. And Cedric, you are not getting a new broom any time soon, you just got one for this school year. See you soon!

Signed, Amos Diggory

Melody chuckled at the last part before speaking, "oh my god. Dad has a girlfriend!"

"Melody, dad's gay," Cedric chuckled. "And even if he does, we are the worst children in the world for not realizing sooner."

"I mean it only makes sense, and it's about time he starts dating again if I'm correct, It's been...15 years, give or take."

Cedric chuckled, "I say we stop speaking of it because I now cannot get images out of my head."

"See you later." Melody rushed him out the door.

Once Cedric left, she went up to her dorm room to change before dinner, once she walked out, she saw Ron sitting by the fire.

Melody began to walk past Ron but he stopped her. "Do you know why Hermione won't talk to me?" he asked with a bit of sadness laced in his voice.

"Nope."

Melody began to walk past Ron, but stopped her, once again. She closed her eyes in annoyance before plastering a fake smile and turning around to meet Ron's eyes.

"Surely you do, you and Hermione are best friends!" he whined.

"I don't know Hermione that well, and I don't know anything."

She walked again peacefully this time without Ron stopping her.

Melody was in The Great Hall and didn't see Quinn anywhere, so she decided to sit with Cedric and his friends at the Hufflepuff table. Cedric's friends were terrible, they chewed and spoke at the same time, meaning food was getting spat, his friends refused to call Melody by her name, overall they were just gross. Melody didn't even last ten minutes at that table s immediately dashed up and ran away, receiving many stares from people.