Love You Always

The next morning Elijah and Melody were walking together to class. Melody explained the whole situation at hand, purposely leaving out the sexual part. Elijah hummed and nodded along to everything she said.

"Why not just got to the manor?"

"I have. Dahlia is literally making any excuse not to see me."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. She can't hide forever."

-
The final class wrapped up. Melody was heading out the door when she saw someone she didn't expect to see.

"Hey, do you have a minute?" Leo asked anxiously. He looked as if he'd been crying.

"Of course."

The two walked into an empty classroom, and Melody looked at him in concern.

He inhaled before continuing. "Dahlias dead," his eyes filled with tears. "I'm sorry, saying it aloud makes it real," Leo breathed shakily.

"What?" Melody spluttered, unable to believe this. "How did this happen?"

16 HOURS AGO

Dahlia made her way into the abandoned home that Cedric was supposedly in. She clutched her wand close just in case. She heard weak movement ahead of her. That must be Cedric, she thought.

She rushed in the direction she heard movement from. When Dahlia turned the corner, she saw the real Cedric trapped in a cell-type build. He looked like he had the life drained out of him, quite literally. As if he was living off a drop of water a day.

"Alohomora," she pointed her wand at the lock on the door. She quickly rushed in to see Cedric stirring.

"You're okay now. Your safe," she whispered. But something about this seemed too easy to her. Dahlia once again looked around but saw nothing. She struggled to lift him but eventually got the hang of it. Just as she thought it was over, Bellatrix stepped in front of the pair.

"Not trying to run away from me, are you?" She smirked.

Just as Dahlia was about to call a spell, she was injected with a serum that temporarily disabled her magic. Dahlias mouth hung open. She knew only one of them was getting out alive, and she was going to make sure it was Cedric.

"Oh, you can thank your friend Lucious Malfoy," Bellatrix cackled. "You know, the one your daughter mercilessly killed."

"You'll have to be a little more specific," she spoke confidently. She elbowed the man behind her and attempted to run away with Cedric.

"Avada Kedavra," Bellatrix called.

Dahlia quickly reacted by standing protectively in front of Cedric, making sure he didn't get hit. Bellatrix realized what she did and ran off. Cedric, who had gained some consciousness, caught Dahlia's body. He was more confused and sad than he had ever been.

"It okay," was the last thing she said before shutting her eyes for the final time. Cedric recollected himself and ran towards what he assumed was the exit.

END OF FLASHBACK

"She died for Cedric?" Melody was now clutching her hand to her mouth in fear of her cries being heard.

"Yes. She left you all letters," he smiled weakly.

"Wheres Cedric?"

"He's at the manor getting showered and dressed," Leo replied.

"Wheres the letters?" She finally removed her hands from her face.

"Back at the manor. She even left one for Harry; he can tag along."

-

The three made it to the manor, Harry was told about Dahlia on the way over, and Cedric was taking a much-needed nap. Leo rushed into his study and came back over

"Here are the letters." He handed the two letters. "I've already read mine," he smiled.

Harry open his letter first and started reading.

Dear Harry,

If you're reading this, it means I didn't make it out alive. All I ask of you is never to break Melody's heart. She loves you more than anyone could understand. Be there for her, stand by her, love her. That's all I ask of you. Don't let her mope about me; I won't allow it. And as for you, live your life. You deserve a happily ever after, whether you believe it or not. And I don't regret my decision. I would do it again in a heartbeat. For the last and final time, goodbye, Harry.

Love, Dahlia.

Next, Melody read hers.

Dear Melody,

If you're reading this, I didn't make it. I just wanted to thank you. For everything, even though I didn't deserve it. You changed me, Melody. For the better. In another reality, I may've been the perfect mother who been there your whole life, who lectured you about boys, and maybe even knew how to cook. (Merlin knows that's never happening in any reality). But alas, I wasn't just a typical mother. Maybe in another lifetime, we were together, just not this one.

I'm not usually the sappy type, but writing this letter is making me see the reality of what I'm getting into. And I don't regret it, not even for a second.

Remember my wedding day in the dressing room? That was the first time you called me mom. You should've seen my face. I probably had such a giddy smile. I also remember the night when we thought Cedric died. Me, you, and Leo were all snuggled up on the couch eating Leo's cake. Merlin, we made such a mess.

After everything we've been through, I still wouldn't change a single thing because I met you. I have one last thing to ask of you, live your life. For the final time, Goodbye, Melody Petrova-Diggory. I love you even if you never believed it.

Love you always, Dahlia.