Epilogue; Part 1

Malia and Cedric had recently gotten married and Malia was expecting a child, they also moved into The Petrova Manor. Amos and Ezra had gotten married on New Year's Day. Hermione and Ron were engaged and are getting married next year. Ginny and Haylee only started dating toward the end of last year, though Haylee planned to propose soon. Elijah and Daphne only mended things at the end of the seventh year, so they decided to be just friends. Leo recently started seeing Delainy, Melody's ex-therapist. Melody and Harry bought a two-level home together with three bedrooms and three bathrooms.

On August 23rd, Harry James Potter planned to propose to Melody Petrova Diggory. As of now, Harry was with Leo, Cedric, Malia, Ezra, and Amos discussing the details of his proposal. Leo came back with Dahlia's ring and gave it to Harry.

"So, how are you gonna do it?" asked Cedric.

"I'm gonna bake a cake, the same one I baked in the fourth year when I finally took her on a date. Then I'm gonna propose in the kitchen."

"That's it?" Leo asked confusedly. "In the kitchen?"

"I just thought it'd be special since that's where Dahlia first figured out I was in love with her, and it's fitting since Melody's practicing to become a doctor like Dahlia."

"I like it," Ezra commented.

Harry smiled sheepishly.

"Shit," Leo mumbled. "Melody's supposed to be coming over in like two minutes! I totally forgot!"

"I'll hide Harry upstairs," said Malia. Harry quickly tucked the ring in his pocket and ran with Malia hastily up the stairs. Melody walked into the house just in time for Malia to come back down.

"Oh, hey, I didn't know you all were gonna be here today," Melody chuckled as she looked at Amos and Ezra.

Leo laughed awkwardly before saying, "it was a last-minute thing."

"Uh-huh," Melody hummed suspiciously. She looked at everyone's facial expressions intently. "What are you all not telling me?"

"Pshh," Cedric waved off. "Nothing."

Leo started fiddling with a ring on his hand, which Melody took notice of as her eyes widened. "Where's Harry?"

"Uh, not here," Leo said in a duh tone.

"Well, his sweater sure is." She pointed her eyebrow to the maroon sweater on the couch. "Alright, what's going on? What are you not telling me?"

"Uh... that I sold the McLane Manor?"

"You told me that last week," she chuckled.

"Must've slipped my mind," he said through the corner of his lip.

"Mhm..." Melody began walking upstairs when Malia stopped her.

"Uh, where are you going?"

"To my room to get my wand, I left it here last night, why?"

Harry was hiding in Melody's room, which was why Malia is so anxious about it.

"Why don't I get it for you?"

"Uh, go ahead..." Melody said with furrowed eyebrows.

Malia chuckled nervously and continued walking upstairs.

-

Today was August 23rd, the day Harry was proposing. He woke up early in the morning and cooked breakfast for Melody. He put a plate on the bedside table, along with a note.

Meet me at The Petrova Manor at 1:00. Dress nice :) Hope you enjoy the incredible food that I TOTALLY made. Love you.

Harry quickly got dressed and apparated to the Petrova Manor. Once he arrived, he put his key in the keyhole and opened the door. Malia and Cedric planned to be out all day so he could set up. It was only 11:00 AM so he decided to wait another hour to start on the cake.

Harry set up the vinyl to play 'Never Let Me Go' by Florence + Machine. (Let's just pretend that they were a thing in the '90s)

He decided not to decorate too much since he didn't want to make it obvious that he was proposing. Another hour passed and Harry decided to start on the cake. It was 12:50 when the cake came out of the oven so he had to decorate quickly, which wouldn't take long considering that the cake was decorated horribly on Melody and Harry's first date. All he had to do was mix loads of frosting and sprinkle the whole cake. Once he finished it was 1:00. He quickly moved the cake to the table when he heard the doorknob twist open.

Melody stepped inside in a maroon, skin-tight dress. She looked up to see Harry in a black suit. Melody smiled as she walked deeper into the kitchen.

"What's all this?" she asked with a smile still plastered on her face.

"You'll find out," he smiled. "Have a seat."

Melody sat in the chair across from him. "Is this the cake-"

"Yep," he interrupted. "With the same horrible decorations."

Melody laughed. "And it still tastes the same," she said after she took a bite.

"I hope that's a good thing."

"It sure is. Also-" When she turned back around, Harry was on one knee and the vinyl started playing. "Are you proposing?" Melody asked with her hands covering her mouth.

"Yes, Melody, I am proposing," he chuckled. "Melody Petrova Diggory, will you-"

"Yes!" she blurted out, which Harry laughed at. "Sorry, you have to ask the question first," she mumbled with a small laugh.

"Correct. Melody Petrova Diggory, will you marry me?" He opened the box to reveal the emerald ring.

Melody broke into happy tears and immediately said yes. Harry hastily slipped the ring onto her finger and pulled her into a kiss.

And that's how Harry and Melody got engaged.