My Everything

(Slight ED, I think. Just in case, I don't want to upset anyone. A hint of spice towards the end.) Before this chapter starts, I just wanted to say that the first half of the chapter is based on the song 'My Everything' by Ariana Grande. My favorite lines from the song are-

- He wasn't my everything 'till we were nothing

- Pain is just a consequence of love

-

Everything went downhill after Melody officially returned to Hogwarts. She had started skipping classes, barely eating. Most days, she had no energy to do anything. Harry had tried to talk to her several times, but Hermione always told him it wasn't a good time. He even tried the invisibility cloak, but Hermione is not easy to fool. Meanwhile, Harry was trying to talk Hermione into letting him in.

"Hermione, she's going to get expelled if she doesn't attend classes!" Harry remarked.

"I don't think she cares, besides she can repurchase her way in," Hermione assured.

"That's not the point. Is she even eating? She hasn't been at dinner in days!"

"I promise I've tried to get her to eat, and she always throws it back up. I assure you, I'm doing everything I can."

"Are you? Are you really? Would you just let me talk to her?" He shouted in anger.

"Do not raise your voice at me," grumbled Hermione. "And she doesn't want to see you. I'm sorry, Harry." Hermione shut the door in his face, leaving Harry alone.

Harry knocked on the door, expecting Hermione to answer, but this time Melody answered. By the paleness and dried tear marks on her face, Harry could tell she wasn't doing well.

"Yes?"

Harry's glare softened at sight. "Melody..." he said in a sad voice. "Can we just talk?"

"Sorry..." she closed the door leaving Harry alone once again.

Harry was upset with himself that he let her get here; he was upset with Quinn because she left Melody alone. He'll never understand how someone's best friend could just leave.

-

The next morning Haylee somehow convinced Melody to go to classes that day. Harry was astonished that Haylee, out of all people, got through to her. Everyone was surprised to see Melody, and everyone had grown accustomed to her not being around.

"Miss Diggory, what a surprise that you finally bless us with your presence..." Snape announced in a monotone voice.

Melody bit the inside of her cheek and looked down at her lap as everyone turned to see her. Harry smiled to himself, knowing she was going to be okay, he hopes. The bell rang, announcing it was time for lunch. Harry walked into The Great Hall, hoping to see Melody; with his luck, he did. Harry sat next to Melody, who smiled a little at him before returning to her conversation with Seamus and Dean. Harry found himself looking fondly at her most of lunch, which didn't go unnoticed by Ron.

"You should just talk to her," said Ron, who knows damn well he's been trying to talk to her all week.

"I will," answered Harry. He planned to ask her to help with her work after school since she's been gone a few days. He just hoped he could have an actual conversation with her before her birthday, which she shared with Ron.

The end of lunch was nearing, so Melody gathered her things and bid goodbyes to her friends. Harry followed behind Melody, hoping to talk to her finally. He tapped her shoulder; as a result, getting her attention. When she turned around, she smiled.