Petrova

Harry had been gone from school for three days. Melody assumed it was because of his recent loss. She was thrown off because he didn't tell anyone he was missing school for however long, not that he owes an explanation, but he could have at least said something.

Melody just left her last class for today, and she was now heading to McGonagall's office because she called for her.

Melody walked into her office where she was expected. "Professor McGonagall?"

"Yes, please, have a seat," She said politely.

Melody sat down in the chair in front of her, nervous about what she had to say. "Am I in any trouble?"

"Of course not. I called you about your performance in your classes." Melody furrowed her eyebrows in response. "I was surprised when Dumbledore told me you were failing. You're normally on top of all your classes, along with Hermione Granger. Of course, no one is blaming you. You have a lot going on," she cleared her throat. "I hope you understand; if your grades are not up by the end of this year, you will fail your fourth year. The only class you seem to be passing is..." She paused to look at a piece of parchment. "The only classes you are passing are Transfiguration and Charms. Both which I have noticed you share with Hermione Granger."

"Mhm..."

"I decided to move around your schedule to where you share every class with Hermione. She seems to be a positive influence on you," She stated, handing Melody her new schedule. Melody willingly accepted the parchment. "That's settled then. I hope you truly know I'm on your side; you've always been a good student," she smiled.

"Thank you," Melody smiled back.

"Of course, dear," she said dismissively.

Melody said goodbye to the professor and left the office.

"Diggory, just the person I was looking for!" Melody heard an all too familiar voice say.

"Not now, Malfoy." Melody continued walking, ignoring him.

"I heard about your mum, shame," he said in fake pity, causing her to turn around.

"My mom's dead."

"Yeah, has anyone ever told you how bad of a liar you are?"

Only a million times, give or take...

Melody turned around, now being face to face with Malfoy. "Meaning?"

"I know your mums alive, soon everyone will too," he chuckled ignorantly.

"Stop, what can I do to get you to stop," Melody tried to reason.

"You see, I'm doing this for my enjoyment. I don't want anything," he answered.

"Malfoy, I swear-" started Melody.

"You'll what? Hex me? Crucio me?" He made up, "You really are Dahlia's daughter."

"How do you know her name?" Melody began reaching for her wand in her pocket.

"Our families are enemies-do you know nothing about her?" He asked in disbelief. "Don't think I haven't noticed you reaching for your wand."

"What?" she scoffed in disbelief. "The Diggory's have NO business with the Malfoy's, nor will they ever."

"But you're not a Diggory, Melody. Which you already knew."

"I am a Diggory, and this conversation is over," Melody dismissed, walking away.

"I don't think so," he gripped her wrist, causing her to turn back around. "Don't you wanna know your real last name and your curse?"

"Curse?"