Furious

"Minnie, your therapist did nothing," Melody complained. "She just wants money."

"I don't blame her. You and your friends have a lot of problems," McGonagall justified. "I think Elijah likes her, though. He's going to see her next week."

"Well, Delainy's not making him pay thirty gallons an hour!"

"Fair point," Minnie agreed. "Shouldn't you be in class?"

"I'm officially boycotting potions. I'm really starting not to like Malia. And suddenly, Harry is like a god at potions. Like, come on, we all know he sucks!"

"Miss Lestrange seems nice, and I believe Harry's been studying a lot more, so that may be the reason."

"No, he has this book that he's been using. I don't know what's so special about it, but whatever it is, I'm going to find out."

"Melody, I think you're overthinking this whole situation. Now get to class."

Melody left her office with a huff. She walked through multiple corridors until she reached the potions classroom. She tried to go unnoticed, but unfortunately, Slughorn caught her.

"Miss Petrova, starting to think you weren't coming," Slughorn said. "Take a seat next to Mister Weasley."

Melody sat next to Ron and took out her book. In front of her sat Harry and Malia, who were a little too close. Melody was beginning to think that something was going on between them but pushed the feelings aside. After at least three minutes of watching her boyfriend and Malia, she finally spoke up.

"Ron, am I being crazy, or are they like..." Melody trailed off.

"No, I think so too," Ron said, who had his eyes on them the whole time.

Malia and Harry were sharing his potions book, causing them to sit closer, knee touching.

"Today, you and your partner are going to be brewing Amortentia. The person you're sitting by will be your partner," Slughorn announced. "The instructions to brew Amortentia should be in your books. This will take nearly a month to brew, meaning this'll be a big deal of your grade. No pressure!"

Ron held back a scoff. "Yeah, right."

"We've about five minutes left of class so you and your partner can discuss things over."

"We should just meet in the library after school, maybe?" Melody suggested to Ron.

"Sounds good to me."

And Malia and Harry had the same plan.

-

After school, Ron and Melody met in the library with their books. Melody told Ron that she'd browse the library for anything that could help them. Ron nodded in return and began unpacking their stuff. Harry and Malia wandered into the library a few minutes later.

"Hey, there's Ron! Why don't we just join him and Melody, maybe turn this into a foursome project?" Malia suggested. Before Harry could respond, Malia pulled him to Ron's table.

"Hey," Ron said, more like a question.

"Hi, Ron."

Melody came back with a stack of books. When she saw Malia, she had a look of surprise but quickly covered it with a smile.

"I hope you don't mind if we join you?"

"Sure. Could use all the help we can get," Ron shrugged.