REGRETS/IDEAS

These are the original ideas to this story that I never added. So here we go...

1. Dahlia was initially supposed to ACTUALLY be evil. She was never supposed to have redemption.

2. Quinn was supposed to be there the whole time. She was never supposed to become evil.

3. Melody's name was initially Katherine, but I changed it because Katherine Diggory didn't sound right.

4. Melody was originally going to be killed off and be murdered by Quinn in the end. Quinn was going to give her an ultimatum; her child's life or her own. Melody chose to let her child live, and Quinn was going to shoot her in the head. I changed the ending after promising someone she wasn't going to die.

5. Leo's character was not planned, same for Haylee.

6. Haylee was supposed to be Dahlia's prisoner, and she was going to be discovered after Melody & her friends were kidnapped

7. Hermione and Haylee were initially endgame, but I changed it since I love Romione a lot more

8. I hated writing Quinn's character. She bored me to death, but I thought it was important for Melody to have a friend other than the trio.

9. Dahlia's death was not planned, but Leo's was. I considered letting him die in place of Dahlia's death, but I changed it after telling someone he wouldn't die.

10. Dahlia's mother killing Cedric was made up on the spot

11. I regret how long I dragged fourth year.

12. Elijah's name was originally going to be Isaac (if you watch Teen Wolf, that was Daniel Sharman's character)

13. I regret how I made Melody's and Harry's relationship in the beginning. I wish I would've just made them friends instead of a one-sided relationship.

14. Melody's face claim was originally Camilia Mendes

15. Cedric was supposed to end up with Cho, but after deciding that Malia had more of a connection (considering she saved his life), that changed.

16. Dahlia was supposed to be a mafia leader... (i am so sorry that is SO EMBARRASSING)

17. Reina (Elijah's aunt) and Leo were supposed to end up together.

18. Pansy was initially going to be forgiven by Melody.

19. I considered letting Amos die just to get him out of the way.

20. Delainy's character is named after one of my old friends that I used to go to church with.

21. Melody's name was made up on the spot.

22. Melody & Harry were supposed to be doomed from the beginning. They were going to be married a few years but then divorced. Melody & Elijah were gonna get married, and Harry was just going to be a single father.

23. I regretted putting Quinn in Gryffindor and preferred Hufflepuff for her.

24. Dahlia was going to kill Amos for revenge.

25. Elijah & Daphne only had a thing because I needed someone to put him with. I considered Hermione but preferred Romione. Elijah being single was just suited for him.

26. Dahlia was going to become a professor at Hogwarts

27. I debated changing Leo's face claim to Paul Wesley, but that changed after I decided that Grant looked a lot more similar to Melody.

28. There were originally texting chapters, but I deleted them after editing the whole book. (I do have a social media version of this fanfic, so if you'd like to check that out...)

29. I considered making Cedric immortal as his explanation for surviving the killing curse.

30. Another alternative ending: Melody was going to be horribly sick (an effect caused by her being previously immortal) and die in Harry's arms. The dialogue:

"I love you," said Melody.

"I'll still love you tomorrow," whispered Harry, refusing to let his wife go.

"I'm afraid I don't have another tomorrow, my love. So just say it back. Please," she whispered as her eyes began to close for the final time.

"I love you."

OTHER BOOKS:

HELIUM

ILYT

THE LUCKY ONES

THE LUCKY ONES