Valencia Petrova

Melody had finished drying her hair when she remembered she had to meet Leo. Harry came with her since she couldn't walk on her own. When they arrived, Leo and Cedric were already waiting.

"Melody!" Leo greeted, he then turned to Harry. "You..."

"Leo, by the way, she's limping, I'd say they made up." Cedric rolled his eyes.

Leo looked Harry up and down, which was intimidating to him. He narrowed his eyes at Harry and pointed his head toward the couch. Harry walked Melody over and took a seat.

"Now that we're all here, even though one of us shouldn't be..." he said, implying Harry. "I have something I've recently discovered..." Cedric nodded for him to go on. "After Dahlia died I had a lot of free time, so I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out why Cedric didn't die that night."

"I actually have been wondering that. I chose to just ignore it." Cedric shrugged.

"Yeah, so there were only two possibilities that I came down to:
One, someone used a polyjuice potion and died as Cedric, or two: Valencia never had the intention of killing him," Leo explained. "The first possibility isn't possible since Harry was with Cedric the whole time, so that concluded me to the fact that Valencia never had the intention to kill Cedric."

"What?" Cedric questioned, completely dumbfounded as to why Valencia cared.

"I knew Valencia from when I briefly dated Dahlia in my years at Hogwarts, and when I found out that Valencia killed Cedric, I was completely confused. She may have been evil, but she's not a killer, she doesn't have the guts."

"Before I killed her, she knocked everyone out but me, and she told me that she would die if we broke the curse," Melody brought up.

"Before Dahlia found out she was cursed with immortality, Valencia had cancer and we both thought she died from that, but as we both know, she couldn't die-she was immortal."

Cedric furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head, knocking the question he was edging on out of his brain, but he had to say something. "She's still alive?"

"Well, not anymore. But Melody, you didn't kill Valencia that night, she was unable to die. Meaning, she was alive up until we broke the curse after being imprisoned in the Malfoy Manor..."

"I'm confused, wouldn't we have known if she was alive all that time?" Cedric asked, but then realization hit him. "You knew. You knew this whole time she was still alive! Why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you tell Melody?"

Leo looked down shamefully. "I'm sorry, but after everything... I couldn't put that on her. She was already feeling guilty about your death and-"

"Did Dahlia know?" Cedric cut him off.

"Please don't make me answer that," Leo begged.

"Did she know?" Cedric shouted as tears threatened to spill out of his eyes.

"Yes," Leo whispered, but he was quick to reply again. "But I didn't want you to remember her as I liar."

"Don't worry." Cedric got up from his seat and went to face Leo directly. "I don't think of her as a liar. I think of you as a liar." He stormed out of the room angrily.

"Cedric, wait!-" Leo called. "I screwed up. He's right I should've told you then."

"I'll go check on him," Melody began to get up but Harry stopped her.

"I'll go check on him." Harry nodded and got up. Leo then went to sit by Melody.

"Do you believe me when I say I only kept it from you to protect you?" Leo asked.