Done For

Melody was currently sitting in detention with Cedric, Harry, Quinn, and Pansy. As of now, Pansy is all over Cedric. Meanwhile, Quinn is making faces at Pansy for it. Melody and Harry were watching the scene play out.

"Oh, Ced, has anyone told you how dashing you look in your robes."Pansy ruffled his hair.

"Yes-I have," Quinn fake smiled. "Pansy, are you such a whore you have to flirt with my boyfriend."

"Oh shit," Harry coughed.

Pansy shot Quinn and Harry a glare. At this point, Quinn and Pansy had a stare-off.

"Quinn, why don't you fill Cedric in on your secret." Pansy narrowed her eyes and placed her elbows on the back of her chair. "-save him the heartbreak."

"Alright, that's enough."

"No, I don't think it is," Pansy replied to Harry.

"Quinn?" Cedric questioned. "What's she on about?"

"Quinn, if you don't say anything, I will." Pansy raised an eyebrow.

"Pansy..." Quinn warned.

"Quinn is betrothed to Draco Malfoy. Our parents are already furious that she's not in Slytherin; it'll only be worse if she doesn't get married to him," Pansy informed.

Melody already knew Quinn's parents weren't the kindest-that's the reason she's at Cedric and Melody's house most of the time-but she had no clue of an arranged marriage.

"Please tell me everything she's saying is crap," Cedric hoped.

"I can't," Quinn stopped. "It's true. Unfortunately."

"Out of all people, Draco?" Cedric scoffed.

Melody could see Harry about to intervene, but she nudged his rib so he would stay quiet. There were only four girls that the Gryffindor would risk his life for-Melody, Quinn, Hermione, and Haylee. So as he watched the scene play out, he hoped that Cedric would go easy on her. He almost felt guilty because he had already known about Quinn and Draco's arranged marriage.

"I have no choice!" She shouted. "Cedric, my father is not like yours. He's not kind, loving, or anything of the sort, which you know! He doesn't give a crap about my happiness," she paused.
"He only cares about the stupid family name, and I can't imagine what he'd do to me if I don't do this. So, if you have an epic plan to where I can avoid this, I'm all ears."

Melody brought Quinn's head to her shoulder since she could already tell she was about to cry.

"Quinn, why didn't you tell me?" Cedric asked softly. "We could've-"

"You don't get it; I can't do anything. I'm sorry I let you fall in love with me." she looked up from my chest.

"Well, that's settled then. You two are done for. Would you like to go to Hogsmeade with me?" Pansy perked up.

"Quinn, is your father hurting you?" Cedric asked seriously. "Is that why-"

"Cedric, please don't. Not right now," Quinn said barely above a whisper. "I'm sorry I have to break up with you."

Before Cedric could respond, Quinn sped out of the classroom, leaving everyone-except Pansy, with stunned faces.

"She realizes we have like twenty minutes left of detention, right?" Harry said.

"Harry, not now," Cedric said and pressed his fingers to his temple.

Without a word, Melody left the room to find her best friend. Luckily Melody didn't have to do much walking because Quinn was right around the corner. Quinn's face was buried into her knees. Melody wrapped her arms around the sobbing girl.