Silhouette

PLEASE listen to 'Silhouette' by Aquilo for this chapter. It really sets the mood :)

Melody was still twirling in the rain. Harry was just watching in awe. He could stare at her for hours and never grow bored-something about her.

"This is the most fun I've had in months," she laughed. "Dance with me; you look bored."

"I'm enjoying myself. Watching you dance in the rain is very entertaining." Melody pulled him up by his hands, and he twirled her in circles. "You're horrible at dancing," Melody complained.

"I know," Harry replied and chuckled. "I'm a lot better at other things."

"Like?"

"Maybe you'll find out," He said, smirking. "Can I tell you something? Don't be mad." Melody nodded for him to go on.

He responded by tipping her chin up, so their lips touch. Their lips move gently together as he moves his hand to caress her cheek. This kiss wasn't like the last time. It was passionate. When they pulled away, they were both grinning.

"Can I tell you something too? Don't be mad," Melody says in the same tone he did.

Without waiting for a response or gesture, she pressed her lips to his. Harry had kissed Melody before, but it never felt like this. This was different. This kiss wasn't sexual, a dare, or an accident.
It was real, and neither of them would ever get over that.

Melody never believed in soulmates or destined love; she never believed in true love either. She always had a saying, 'true love isn't real unless it's returned.' She always thought, how could love be true? But now she knows the answer.

Unlike Melody, Harry always believed in true love. I mean, how could he not? His family is the definition of romantic. Unlike a lot of people, Harry didn't fear death itself. He feared dying unloved, alone, never finding 'the one.' And now, he truly believed there was nothing to fear. When they pulled away, they were both once again, grinning.

"Wow," Harry breathed.

"Wow," Melody repeated.

"I wanna remember this moment forever."

"And I'm sure we will."

-

Things had been going great with Melody and Harry. They never labeled what they were; everyone assumed it was complicated. The end of the year was approached quicker than expected.
McGonagall had a little 'pep in her step' since she was to be headmistress next year. She had many great ideas that should've been done, and now she can act on them.

Unlike a lot of the students, Melody was not looking forward to summer. She couldn't imagine summer without Cedric; she never thought she'd have to. As of now, Melody was packing her trunk. The door to her dorm was wide open, so the girls wouldn't have to keep opening and closing the door. Someone knocked on the door frame. When she turned around, she saw Harry.

"Any summer plans?" He asked.

Melody turned back around to continue packing. "Nope. This summer me and my dad will just be packing Cedric's room, and that's about it."

"No offense, but that sounds utterly boring."

"Never know what I could find." She shrugged. "What are you doing for the summer?"

"Haylee talked Sirius into sky diving, and she convinced me to go with her," he laughed.

"Good luck. I heard the death rate outweighs the survival rate."
Panic spread all over Harry's face. "I'm joking," she confirmed. "What do you think the fifth year will be like?"

"I don't know. I only know that McGonagall's going to make this school better.

"Why do you think Dumbledore quit?" Melody questioned.

"Dean told me he quit to become a model for Vogue magazine," he shrugged.

"He was most definitely joking."

"Sometimes, I just don't get Dean's humor," he chuckled.

"Try all the time." She laughed. "I have a question: what made you like me?"

Harry inhaled. "A lot of people like me-you didn't like me. I made it my mission to get you to like me; I ended up falling for you in the process," He answered. "My turn; why didn't you like me?"

"I'll be honest. I thought you were full of yourself. Everyone loved you because of who your parents were. I didn't see the interest," Melody answered. "Then when you started flirting with me..." Harry smirked at this. "It only made me not like you more."

"I guess the only difference was-who's telling the story."

-------

THAT CONCLUDES THE FOURTH YEAR.

The next Chapter will be what to look forward to.