Gone

Melody and Haylee were chatting briefly in the hall as they rushed to their next class. Melody said goodbye to Haylee and walked over to where Harry was glaring at them.

"Do you have a problem, Harry?" Melody asked sharply.

"No," Harry replied.

"Then why are you looking at Haylee like that and me?"

"She's been here for like two minutes, and you're already all over her," he scoffed.

"We were talking for like 5 minutes. And there is no problem with me talking to her," she spoke.

"I know it's all pity because her mum died. I know Haylee, and she doesn't like pity."

Melody scoffed, "I am not pitting her; I enjoy her company, Harry. It's pathetic that you act like a total stranger to her just because of her friends."

"You're only talking like this 'cause you're best friend left you. Let me get one thing clear: Haylee is not Quinn's replacement."

"Excuse me?"

"You are excused," he replied sassily.

"Harry, are you fucking kidding me. I am not replacing Quinn at all. She is irreplaceable. Me and Haylee are just friends. If you could wrap your head around that and just be happy for her, maybe she'd talk to you," Melody snapped.

The truth was, Harry was jealous of Melody and Haylee's bond. He thought Melody and Haylee liked each other, not that he could blame them; they are both gorgeous. He didn't care about who Haylee's friends were, just Melody. Melody was his. And he's going to make sure of it, he thought.

"Are you going even to respond?" Melody asked in disbelief.

"Just-stay away from her." Harry stormed past her in a rush to his next class.

"Fuck you, Harry! And consider our date; off."

Melody was left alone in the hall. She was furious that he thought she was replacing Quinn. She was angry that he had asked her to stay away from Haylee. So Melody did the very opposite of what Harry had asked.

At lunch, Melody sat with Haylee and her friends. Now and then, Harry glared at her in disbelief, which did not go unnoticed by Melody. So she sent him a smug smirk in return. Melody finished eating early, so she left to prepare for her next class, little did she know, someone followed right behind her. Melody stopped to slip something into her bag. While she was doing so, she didn't notice a figure slip into a classroom next to her. As Melody was about to walk past the classroom, cold hands gripped her waist and pulled her into the classroom. Melody jumped when the cold hands touched her waist but quickly relaxed when she noticed it was just Harry.

"What do you want."

"I told you to stay away from her." he clenched his jaw and backed her into the wall.

"I don't care what you told me to do."

He leaned closer into her, his body now pressing against her's. He whispered huskily in her ear, "you should."

Melody felt a burn in her stomach as she said, "And why is that?" she asked as she felt Harry move his hand down her waist. Her breathing pace quickened, which Harry took notice of a cocky smirk crept on his lips.