Dahlias Send Off

Melody and Harry were getting ready for the funeral. Melody hoped she didn't look as bad as she felt. "I've never seen this before. Who's it from?" Harry asked as he helped Melody put on a necklace.

"It was Dahlias; Leo gave it to me. He said it would temporarily disable my magic, so if I ever get out of control, just put this on."

Harry nodded. "It's beautiful."

"It really is," she smiled.

"All... done," he said, pulling her hair back in place. He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. "Help me with my tie?" Melody turned around and fixed his tie. "I actually remember the day your mother figured out I was in love with you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," he smiled.

Flashback

"She cares about you too," she assured.

"How do you know?" Harry finally spoke.

"Anyone with eyes can see it," she smiled. "Talk to her."

"What do I say?"

"The truth."

"And what would that be?"

"That you love her, possibly in love with her," Dahlia answered.

"How do I know it's love?"

"When you ask yourself that exact question."

End of flashback

"Wow. You knew for that long and kept it in?"

"I didn't realize until that night in the rain," he answered.

"You know when I figured it out?"

"When?" He asked with genuine curiosity.

"When I saw those letters."

"We should get downstairs." The two descended the stairs to be met with Amos and Cedric.

"Everyone else is already outside. You ready?"

"Yeah," she answered her father.

The family walked out to the garden.

(Bitch idk how to write a fucking funeral ceremony so lemme just do a time skip right quick).

Everyone was leaving. As Melody was packing her things, she was approached by Draco Malfoy.

"Hey, I'm sorry about your mum. I didn't know her like my mum, but she was always nice to me," Draco said sincerely.

"Thank you," she smiled.

"I know what it's like to lose a parent, so if you ever need anything, let me know."

"Of course, I'm thankful, but I'm the one that killed your parent. Why do you want to help me?"

"Because I know what it's like to have no one to relate to. And it utterly sucks. And what you did was self-defense, I forgive you." Melody, not even thinking, hugged him. "I know I'm being friendly, but that doesn't mean I like you," said Malfoy.

"Boo-hoo," she rolled her eyes.

"I've got to go, my mums waving me over. I'll see you whenever I guess."

He walked away with his mother. After Malfoy left, Harry approached her.

"What did Malfoy want?" Harry said his name in disgust.

"Just being nice. Come on, someones about to read her will."

Melody grabbed his hand and dragged him to the living room. Leo, Amos, Cedric, Harry, and Melody sat in a circle on the sofa. A short, balding man was seated in front of them, will in hand.

"This is the last will and testament of Dahlia Petrova-McLane," the man cleared his throat and began to read off the paper. "I leave all my items in the indestructible room to Melody Petrova-Diggory. I leave my marriage ring and my shares of the guest house to Leonard McLane. I leave my broom and journal to Cedric Diggory. I leave my photo albums to Amos Diggory. I leave my engagement ring to Harry Potter. And lastly, the Petrova Manor is to be divided equally amongst Cedric Diggory, Leonard McLane, and Melody Petrova-Diggory."

Harry was in shock that Dahlia would leave something so valuable to him. Although, he was sure of why Dahlia gave him the ring.

The man cleared his throat. "The rest of her belongings shall go to both her children and her husband," he explained. "Thank you for your time." The man stood up and left.

"I can't believe she'd give me something so valuable," Harry smiled.

"That's her," Leo smiled fondly. "Her ring is in her room; I'll go get it." He went upstairs to get the items.

"And while we're all here as a family, I thought it was the perfect time to announce that the Pre-Hogwarts dinner is back on!" said Amos.

"Thank god!" Harry let out a breath. "Last summer, my dad tried to cook, and it was absolutely terrible!"

"He can't be that bad," Amos tried to reason.

"He is that bad," Harry assured.

"I thought Lily wouldn't allow him to cook," Cedric said confusedly. "Since he almost burnt down the house."

"He is banned from the kitchen for life," Harry laughed.

"Alright, I gotta get going. Tell Leo the ceremony was nice!" Amos walked out the door.

Cedric and Melody got too caught up in their conversation to realize Leo had come back. "Pst," Leo whispered to Harry. Harry looked up. Leo secretly pulled him aside. "This was Dahlias engagement ring..." he buried the ring in his hand. "Don't let anything happen to it, please."

"On second thought, I want you to hold onto it until I'm ready to use it." Harry placed it back in Leo's hand.

"Alright then," he smiled. "One condition: I better be the first to know when it happens."

"You will be."

-
Don't kill me for killing off the baddest bitch of all
(Actually thats reserved for Katherine Pierce but whatever)

Anyways...

Can we just appreciate how Dahlia gave Harry her ENGAGEMENT RING?!