See You Later

Harry and Melody were still in each other's arms. The common room started filling back up, so the two roamed the halls. Harry was upset with himself since he jumped to conclusions, so out of guilt, he did everything he could to comfort Melody.

"Melody, what are you going to do. You know you can't go on like this..." said Harry.

"I know. Which is probably why you're not going to like my suggestion."

"Probably not. But if it's going to help you, I can put aside my better judgment," he reasoned.

"Leo and Dahlia could help me control my magic. They've both proven to be trustworthy, and they've been through this."

Hesitantly, Harry says, "If that helps. But would Amos agree to that?"

"I'm sure he would. He doesn't have a say this time," she shrugged.

"How long will you be gone?"

"However long it takes. I'd probably be going every day straight after classes."

"Every day?" He said with furrowed eyebrows.

"I mean, yeah. I don't know when something could happen. What happened in the common room, for example, I don't know when that could happen again."

"So you're not gonna be here for the remainder of this year?"

"I'll be here, but only for classes. I'll stay at The Manor, makes things either. Won't have time for much else," she explained. "I'll be back fully by the fifth year."

-

Melody and Harry are now in the common room snuggled on the sofa. Harry had his arm around her shoulder, Melody's head rests on his chest.

"I'll miss you," Harry says, breaking the comfortable silence.

"I'm not dying," she joked. "And you'll still see me."

"Not like this."

"True. I'll miss this."

"Think of this as... a see you later," Melody said.

"Fuck. Why does life have to be so damn tough," he chuckled.

"That's the consequence of living."

"The benefit is better," Harry reasoned.

"Maybe for you."

"Meaning?"

"Nothing," Melody sighed and shook her head. That night, they fell asleep in each other's arms what they didn't know, that it would be the last time for a while.

-
It's been a month since Melody started learning from Leo and Dahlia. It was safe to say she had no time to spare. Dahlia wasn't only teaching Melody how to control her power; she was teaching her how to defend herself with and without magic. Meanwhile, Leo was busy remodelling The McLane Manor. With Melody training-morning's, after school, and weekends-she hadn't had time to see Harry.

As of right now, Melody and Dahlia were in the indestructible room training.

"In a fight, your opponent may be strong, but you have to be the stronger one by convincing yourself you are. You can't win by protecting the weak; you win by getting rid of them," Dahlia says. Dahlia swiftly turned around, and her wand aimed at Melody's chest. "You're distracted. We've been over what you're supposed to do in this scenario." She lowered her wand. "It's Harry, right?" Melody nodded. "Look, it's not that I don't want you to have your happy ending. I wish that for you," she paused. "You're using him as a weakness-use that to be stronger. Family is the one thing that's stronger than any Patronus charm you cast."