Unexpected Suprise Part:2

Everyone is currently in The Great Hall eating lunch. Melody had just taken a sip of her water when Dean tapped her shoulder and told her that someone was here for her. Melody turned around to see her best friend, Quinn, whom she hasn't seen in almost a year. This was Harry's Christmas gift to her. Everyone thought Melody would run up and hug her, but instead, she ran past her.

"That was not the reaction I hoped for," Harry said lowly. Harry then went up to Quinn. "I'll go see what happened." He began going after Melody before Quinn stopped him, "No, I'll go. She's pissed at me," Quinn said.

"Don't know why you'd want to talk to someone who's pissed at you, but have your moment, I guess..." Ron said lowly

Quinn walked out of the hall to see what was wrong with Melody. When she found her, she had her back turned.

"Melody-"

"How could you! How do you show up here as nothing happened?! You left me all alone when I needed you!" Melody shouted. "My brother died, Quinn-your ex-boyfriend, died. You didn't even bother to write to me, nor even talk to me after his funeral," Melody said as tears prickled in her eyes.

"I'm sorry," is all Quinn said before turning back into the hall. When Quinn went into the hall, Harry attacked her with questions.

"What happened?"

"She is definitely not happy to see me. This was a mistake. I shouldn't have come," Quinn replied. Suddenly, Quinn started looking around the hall as if she hasn't been in there a million times before.

"What are you looking for?"

"Nothing, it's just weird being hereafter everything," she answered. "Anyway, I'll be leaving. It was good seeing you again, Harry."

"Wait, you can't just leave! Are you even going to try making things right with Melody?"

"No, because the truth is; we drifted away."

"Okay, well, at least tell me why she's upset," Harry tried to reason.

"She says I haven't been there for her, and she's right. I took off immediately after Cedric's funeral and-}

"Why did you take off after his funeral?" Harry interrupted, suddenly remembering her rush out of the door after the service. "The truth is, Quinn, I'm quite upset with you too. But I invited you for Melody's sake. So tell me, what was more important than being there for your best friend?"

"Family things," she made up quickly, which was a lie, for the record. But we'll get back to that.

"Family things? You hate your family, Quinn. And Melody has always been more important than your family to you. So what's really going on here?"

It wasn't just the obvious fact that Quinn didn't love her family that made Harry know she was lying, it was the fact that he knew her. "I can't tell you. And I don't owe you an explanation."

"You're right. You don't. But you do owe Melody one," he said.

Quinn scoffed. "I had made up my mind a long time ago. Melody and I are in the past, be sure to tell her that," Quinn said before running out the hall.

Harry scoffed and excused himself from the table. He walked into the hall to find Melody, which wasn't hard since she and Quinn were screaming at each other.

"What's your excuse? Huh? Why did you leave? And I don't wanna hear "I had to find myself," crap!" Shouted Melody. "That's not even the worst bit; you didn't even say goodbye in person! You didn't even hint you were leaving! You-you just left!"

"I told you; family things. And I'm sorry, Melody, I am, but not everything is about you!" She argued.

"You're right, Quinn. This is about you! Which is why I'm going to ask you again, why the hell did you leave?"

"I left because there was nothing left for me at Hogwarts," Quinn lied. "And that includes you."

"Fine, then," Melody finally settled. "Get the hell out of this school. Now."

"Don't need to tell me twice!" Quinn walked towards the exit, her heels clicking at every step. Harry approached Melody, whose face was filled with anger.

"I shouldn't have invited her. I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize. You were just trying to do something nice." She smiled. "You know what-new rule."

"Since when do we have rules?" He laughed.

"Since today. Anyway, new rule: We don't speak of Quinn's name. We don't even utter it under our breath."

"Okay, Professor," he joked. "We shall not speak of her name." He tilted his head before speaking again, "can I just say her name one last time?"

"Shoot. What do you have to say?"

"You know Quinn was lying about why she left, right?" He asked as he remembered Quinn had said she was involved with bad people before she left.

"Yeah, but I really don't care about why she left." In the future, she'll deeply regret those words.

"You're not even a bit curious? I mean, it was so sudden. She didn't even hint she was leaving or that she even wanted to leave," he remarked.

"You're right... it is strange," she said thoughtfully. "Oh well! Her problem!" What she didn't know, it would soon become her problem too.

"Melody, I know you don't wanna hear it, but I have a bad feeling about this."

-

Did I just foreshadow repeatedly in one chapter?
Yes.
Yes, I did.