The Return Of Cedric Diggory

Cedric turned around to see his sister, whom he hasn't seen in one year and one month.

Melody ran up to him and gave him one of the biggest, most meaningful hugs of her life. Cedric patted her back awkwardly, and Melody pulled away with a confused face. His touch felt foreign to Melody, but she didn't question it, considering he had just come back from the dead.

"How are you-"

"Alive?" Cedric finished. "I'd love to tell you, but let's get away from all these people. Harry can come with."

Harry quickly walked over to them, and they made their way to Melody's dorm.

"You're probably wondering how the hell I've come back from the dead..."

"Yeah," Harry said. He suddenly gasped. "Are you a ghost?"

"I wouldn't be able to hug him if he was, dummy!" Melody whispered. "Anyways, continue," she said brightly.

"Well, I was in a coma, apparently. I honestly don't trust her anymore, so I don't know if that's true."

"Her? Who's her?"

"Quinn."

"That bitch crossed a line!" Melody stood up from her seat, but Harry pulled her back down.

Cedric was quiet for a few seconds as if he was trying to remember what happened between the two. "What happened with you two?"

"Long story. Anyway, continue."

"When I woke up, I saw Quinn standing over me. She then explained unbelievable things, and that's all I remember."

"Why didn't Quinn tell us you were alive?"

"She said she didn't want you to remember me like a sick and unwilling person."

"Well, you'll be happy to know dad, and I did not pack up your room." Melody's eyes went to Harry.

"It's good to have you back."

"Enough about me. What has happened since I've been gone?"

"McGonagall's headmistress, we have a toad as a DADA teacher, we have a new friend, Elijah, Ginny and Haylee began dating but then broke up, I got drugged and kidnapped by Lucious Malfoy. Did I forget anything?" Melody asked.

"I think you did, love. We're dating."

"You weren't already dating when I died?"

Harry furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head. "No, we weren't. Cedric, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he assured a little too quickly. "What about Dahlia and Leo? Did he do it?"

"Do what?"

"Propose. Before I 'died', he told me he was going to propose. I guess my 'death' postponed it."

"Wow. Well, they're married now. Leo even named his guest house after you," Melody said thoughtfully.

He laughed. "He named his guest house?"

"Yep," said Harry.

"Can we also go back to the part of you getting kidnapped and drugged by Lucious Malfoy?"

"Not my finest hour."

Cedric nodded understandingly. "Well, can I meet this Elijah that you all replaced me with," he joked.

Harry laughed. "I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of him. He's in Hufflepuff."

"Yeah, about that, I'm going to need a month off of school to catch up. I have a lot to do...."

"Understandable."

"Quinn also told me to give you these." He handed Melody and Harry letters. "It's her goodbye. And something tells me that this is a real goodbye."

Melody opened her letter and began reading.

Dear Melody,

I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you Cedric's alive; I'm sorry that I left things the way I did. And I'm not coming back to Hogwarts ever. I did what I needed to do, but I pissed many people off in the process, including my best friend. The person that forced me out of bed when Cedric and I broke up, the person that listened to me, the person that loved me more than anyone ever has. You, Melody. You are that person. And I know I owe you a lot more than an apology, but I hope you can accept this one. I know you have no interest in seeing me or even wanting the title of my best friend, but I hope in the future we can mend things. Melody, you will do amazing things, and I'm sorry I won't be able to see them. Just know this, you are my happy person.

I will always be regretful for taking you for granted

Quinn

Melody sighed. "This is a genuine apology."

"Mine is too."

"Wait, Melody, what's that on your wrist?"

"Umbridge, the toad teacher, gave it to me."

"And McGonagall lets her?"

"No, McGonagall has no control over her."

"You know I'd kill for you..." Cedric said, suggesting something.

"Probably shouldn't, Cedric," she laughed. "What was it like being in a coma?"

"I didn't even know I was in a coma, so I have no idea. I thought I was just dreaming, I guess."

"Huh."

"You should probably know, Rita Skeeter is so invested in the whole Petrova-McLane-Diggory story, so she'll be on the lookout for you," Harry told Cedric.

"I figure. That lady asked me a million questions when the whole story first broke," he chuckled. "What's that on your neck? It looks like a bruise?" He looked at it more closely and gasped. "Oh." Harry laughed nervously. "Congrats?"

Melody laughed awkwardly. "Surprise?"

"Moving on..." Cedric shook his head at the previous conversation.

"Never die again," Melody said strictly.

"I'll try my best."

-
Sorry this is short
So
The hot Diggory family is back in business

This chapter is dedicated to Leo's guesthouse

This year is ending rapidly and I'm SO excited to write the ending