Potions

The next morning, Hermione and Melody were headed to their first class, potions. The two joined the large group of students in the classroom. A few minutes in, Slughorn was introducing himself when Harry and Ron scrambled into the classroom

"Ah, Harry, m'boy, beginning to worry. Brought someone with us, I see?" Slughorn acknowledged.

"Ron Weasley, sir," he greeted. "I'm dead awful at potions, a menace, actually. So, I'm probably just gonna-"

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry is a friend of mine."

"Sorry, sir. I haven't actually got my books."

"Not to worry, get what you need from the cupboard," Slughorn advised. "Now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas of what these might be?" He paused and skimmed the room for any hands. "Yes, Miss...?"

"Granger, sir. That one there, it's a serum; it's a truth-telling serum. And that one, it's awfully difficult to make." Harry and Ron finally settled with their books. "The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. For example, I smell freshly mown grass and parchment, and... spearmint toothpaste."

"Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That'd be impossible, but it does cause powerful infatuation or obsession, and for that reason... it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room," Slughorn explained. "Now, we're gonna take a few minutes to discuss what we smell, and then we'll move on to our next assignment."

Melody immediately went to Malia, who was sniffing the potion. "Malia?" Melody questioned.

"That would be me." Malia turned around and noticed who was talking to her. "Oh! You're Cedric's sister. Nice to finally meet you."

"You too. Thank you for saving his life."

Malia became uncomfortable at the mention of Cedric. Everyone didn't know that Cedric and Malia dated for two weeks when Cedric visited Italy. They broke up because Cedric had to leave. Malia only spoke up because it was the decent thing to do. "It's fine, really."

Melody noticed how uncomfortable she was and quickly closed the conversation. "Well, if you ever need anything, let me know."

Malia nodded and walked away. Melody smelled the potion and met the familiar smell of Harry James Potter. His aroma consists of treacle tart, pumpkin juice, and finally, Lily's one-of-a-kind chocolate chip cookies.

"Now, today's assignment; you will attempt to brew living death. Which should be found on page ten of your books," the teacher announced. "I offer you; one vial of liquid luck to the person who successfully brews the potion. You may begin."

Harry opened his book and read: Property of The Half-Blood Prince. He flipped to page ten and saw the instructions to brewing the potions with side notes as well.

Beans were flying all over the classroom. Malia was more frustrated than ever. Malia attempted to cut the bean again, but it just went flying; that's when she stabbed the table with her knife. Everyone turned to her, which Malia returned with an innocent smile.

Harry saw how frustrated she was and leaned in to whisper, "crush it, don't cut it."

Malia smiled at him and pulled the knife from the table.

Harry squeezed the bean into the cauldron, and Hermione looked as if she were a mad scientist.

"How did you do that," she asked Harry, more like demanded.

"Crush it, don't cut it."

"No," she said frustratedly. "The instructions clearly state to cut."

"No, really."

A few more minutes passed by, and Harry had successfully brewed the potion.

"Merlin's beard, it's perfect!" Slughorn exclaimed. Malia gave Harry a friendly wink which Harry became flustered by. "And here we are then, as promised, one vial of Felix Felicis. Congratulations. Use it well." He handed the vial to Harry, and he proudly held it up.

-

"What're you gonna use the vial for?" Ron asked Harry.

It was now lunchtime, and Ron, Hermione, and Harry were discussing previous classes. Hermione was still confused as to how Harry had gotten the vial.

He shrugged. "I don't know. We'll see."

"I find it hard to believe that you won the vial," Hermione said fiercely.

Harry shrugged. "I guess Slughorn is just a better teacher."

Ron already saw the heated argument about to stir up, so he quickly changed the subject. "Erm, anyway. Oh! There's Melody and Elijah and the new girl," Ron tilted his head in confusion.

Melody waved Elijah goodbye as he approached his table. Malia followed Melody to the Gryffindor Table to meet her friends.

"Everyone, this is Malia," Melody introduced.

"I've actually already met him," Malia pointed to Harry.

"Yeah, and this is Ron and Hermione..."

They both smiled at her.

"Nice to meet you all," Malia smiled.

Ron and Hermione responded with a nod whilst Harry responded with, "you too!"

"I've actually got to go. I agreed to help Astoria Greengrass with something. Nice to meet you all again!" Malia ran out of the hall hurriedly.

"She's quite nice, isn't she?" Harry admired.

"Sure..." Ron responded, not knowing why he was so interested in her.

-

Malia's character is 100% based off of me

And y'all already know she's a Leo💅

(I'm a Pisces but whatever)

And you'll soon find out what happened to Umbitch

Hehe