Worst Memories

As Melody was walking through the hallways, still upset with Dumbledore, an idea came to mind. She began running down the hall until she reached Dumbledore's office, once she walked in, Dumbledore was still in the same spot he was in earlier.

"Miss Diggory, my decision is final-"

"I have an idea," she interrupted, "What if you obliviated me? Dahlia wouldn't be able to find the totem in my mind, she'd have no reason to use me anymore."

"Miss Diggory, that's far too dangerous."

"I thought I wasn't your concern?" Melody raised an eyebrow, "Besides, how is it too dangerous?"

"You'd forget everything, including yourself. I cannot let you do that," Dumbledore stated.

"Is it possible to do a deep dive in my brain? Could you find the specific memory and then erase it?"

"I suppose, but-"

"Let's do that then." Melody planted onto the chair.

"Melody, listen," Dumbledore said sternly. "Do you know the risk of this? I hope you understand that if I'm inside your mind too long, things you'd lose your memories forever..."

"Yes, I understand, but it no better than Dahlia hurting my friends."

"I'll have to take you to Madam Pomfrey's, once I enter your mind you will almost immediately fall asleep. Madam Pomfrey is the only person able to bring you back after I'm finished," Dumbledore explained.

"Then let's go," I sighed.

Dumbledore and Melody walked through many hallways until they reached the hospital wing.

"Oh! Professor Dumbledore, what can I do for you?" Madam Pomfrey asked after mending another patient.

"We just need your assistance, I'm doing a deep dive into Miss Diggory here's mind, I need you to make a concoction to bring her back after I do so," Dumbledore explained.

Madam Pomfrey now carried a worried expression. "Are you sure? You know the risk of this." She shifted her attention to Melody.

"Yes, we are both aware."

"Follow me, I'll prepare the serum," she said leading Melody to a bed. Melody sat down on the edge of the bed waiting for Madam Pomfrey to come back.

"Here's a sleeping concoction, this will ensure you don't feel a thing. The only attachment is, while you are asleep, you will start to relive the worst of your memories from the last twenty-four hours until Dumbledore is finished. When you wake up there will be lighter side effects. Headaches at the heaviest," Madam Pomfrey explained.

Melody nodded and swung her legs over the bed to lay down. She took the liquid in the small vile and sunk into a deep sleep...

Melody woke up almost as fast as she fell asleep. She looked around and notice she was in the hallway where she first met Dahlia. Melody saw herself walking down the hall and quickly hid behind a pillar.

Melody watched as her past self met Dahlia and how she took my locket and gave it back to me before she flashed out.

The whole hallway lit up as she felt herself transport to another area, the hallway she and Harry were walking in after her Dahlia encounter. Melody wasn't sure what was so horrible about this memory, but she ducked behind a door and poked her head out to watch what happens.

Melody watched as Harry told her about his and Cho's relationship. Now that Melody saw it, she could've reacted better. The Hallway lit up again and everything went dark seconds later