Reunited

Melody ran upstairs to her room, vision blurry. She went inside her bathroom and cast a silencing charm so she wouldn't be heard. Then she let out a scream. A scream that she was surprised came out of her. Cedric's 'death' wrecked her, but Dahlia's is destroying her.

In that moment, everything that she learned to control her magic was forgotten. The lights in her bathroom began flickering, and the items on the countertop were rattling. Just then, she heard a knock on the door.

"Melody, it's me, Harry." Melody did nothing. She paced around the bathroom, back and forth. Her hands were gripping her hair as she did so. "Melody, I will break down this door if I have to," Harry warned.

All of Harry's warnings came out muffled. Before she knew it, Harry got through the door. Harry had never seen her like this. If he were to be honest, she was scaring him. Melody's legs gave out. She broke down to Harry as he tried to calm her down, as her magic was getting out of control.

"Melody, you have to calm down."

"I can't," she got out through sobs.

The two sat on her bathroom floor. Harry leaned against the wall with his legs open. (HEAD OUT THE GUTTER. *cough cough* MenP0bia ) Melody laid between his legs with her head buried in his thigh. He played with her hair in attempt to soothe and calm her down.

"Let it all out," he whispered.

And she did. Amos not being her biological dad. Both of her birth parents faking their deaths. Her best friend leaving. Her family's curse. Cedric dying, getting drugged and kidnapped. Having magic she can't control. Being ignored the whole summer. Quinn lying. Cedric not actually being dead. Cedric being impersonated by Bellatrix. And finally, Dahlia sacrificing her life for Cedric. She let it all out to him.

Melody finally looked up at Harry, who seemed to be crying with his girlfriend.

"You don't deserve this. Any of it," he said.

"I love you," is all she responded with.

"I love you too."

Leo shuffled into the room a few seconds later. "I hate to interrupt, but Cedric is awake, so if you wanna talk..."

Melody dashed up and ran to the guest room. Harry followed up not too long after.

"Cedric..."

"Melody!"

The two siblings reunited once again (for real this time). Melody took him into a bone-crushing hug.

"Melody, you may kill me again if you continue to hug me so hard," he chuckled.

Melody pulled away with a smile. "You are not allowed to joke about that," she said strictly. Her fingers traced over the new scars on his face. "What happened? What did they do to you?" Melody asked worriedly.

"I'd rather not talk about it," he said lowly. "I've missed you, Melody."

"We have too," she said, turning to Harry, who was watching the two siblings reunite again with a smile.

"You two finally dating?"

"Yes," she chuckled.

Cedric groaned dramatically. "Finally! I was beginning to think Harry was going to be lonely the rest of his life!"

"Shut up," Harry said jokingly as he hugged Cedric.

"Hate to ruin the reunion, but what exactly happened?"

"Well..." From there, Melody and Harry explained their crazy year.

"Wait, Quinn left you alone after my funeral?" He said unbelievably.

"Yep."

"And you got kidnapped by Lucious Malfoy?" His eyes widened.

"Pretty crazy."

"Wow, I am so sorry," Cedric said sincerely.

"Eh. I lived."

"Barely," Harry muttered.

-
The next few days, Cedric and Melody did nearly everything together. They cried, smiled, laughed, cried again, ate, work, and cried yet again.

As of now, Harry and Melody were asleep; more like Harry was asleep, Melody could hardly sleep anymore. Everything that had happened was keeping her awake. Harry started stirring awake.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Melody whispered to her now awake boyfriend.

"No. Why're you still up?"

"Can't sleep."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"Earlier in the bathroom..." he began. "Melody, you were out of control."

"I know," she said shamefully.

"I hate to play teacher, but you have to get it under control. I may not be there every time you snap."

"I'm trying."

"Good."

-

The next morning Leo wandered into the two's room. Melody rubbed her eyes and sat up with her back pressed against the headboard. She didn't bother to wake up Harry since Leo was most likely there for her

"I'm just letting you two know that Dahlia's funeral is tomorrow. Amos even said he was coming," Leo announced. "Melody, I think I have something that could help you control your magic, by the way. I found it in Dahlia's drawer."

"Really?" Melody said hopefully.

"Yeah, follow me."

Melody followed him to their bedroom. Leo pulled out a silver necklace with a green emerald as the charm.

"When you put this on, it'll shut off your magic temporarily. Dahlia used it when she was your age, and I think she'd want you to have it." He handed her the necklace.

She engulfed Leo in a hug. "Thank you."

"Of course." He then pulled away. "I know it may seem like I don't care, but I do care a lot. And if you ever need anything, just let me know."

"I know you care," she smiled. "And thank you."

"Also, now that Dahlias gone, I am going to try to be there for you more often. I know I'm not the ideal father figure considering I faked my death for my own enjoyment... but I promise I'll be there."