Ronald The II

Cedric left Hogwarts to see Amos and catch up on a year worth of school work. Unfortunately, he couldn't go peacefully. Melody and Harry watched as he got attacked by reporters, and then cameras flashing in his face. Cedric put his hand over his eyes to shield the light.

"Mister Diggory, did you fake your death?" Melody heard Rita Skeeter ask.

"No. Why would I do that?" He answered.

"I mean, it runs in the family. Your mother, your stepfather..."

"Erm, okay..." Cedric rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "If you'll excuse me..." He moved past Rita.

Melody flashed him a sad smile. She felt horrible about everything. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to be gone so long and everything be different. Harry noticed Melody's expression and leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"He'll be okay, you know."

"I know. It just seems hard. Coming back from the dead and the unwanted attention he's been getting must be hard."

"He always liked a challenge," Harry whispered back. "I have another detention with Umbridge, so I have to go, but he'll be fine. Promise. Love you," Harry said and kissed her cheek before going to his detention.

Melody stood there a few more minutes, and then she turned into her common room. She plopped down next to Ron on the couch; Hermione was on the floor.

"Hey, Melody, are you a dog or cat person? Hermione says cats are better, but I say otherwise."

"Um, a dog person," Melody answered.

"Ha! Take that, 'Mione!" Ron boasted.

"You're just upset Crookshanks killed your rat!" she argued.

"I still am upset about that, actually," he said thoughtfully. "Melody, if you ever get a dog, you are naming it Ronald the II."

"I am not naming my future dog after you," Melody laughed.

"I think Hermione's a better fit."

"Rubbish. Ronald the II is loads better!" Hermione then stood up and started chasing him around the common room. "Melody! I may not make it alive, so I leave all my candy to Harry!" He shouted as the two ran out of the common room.

Melody laughed and shook her head. Elijah then wandered into the common room and sat down next to Melody. "I heard your brothers back from the dead," he said.

"Yeah," she sighed.

"How are you? That must be just-wow."

"I'm okay. I just feel so bad. Harry even told me there was a possibility he was alive a few days ago, and I called him crazy," Melody scoffed. "Or I might as well have called him crazy."

"It's not your fault, Melody. I'd probably call Daphne crazy if she told me my dead brother was back from the dead too."

"But it is my fault. He died because of me."

"Huh? I heard he fell off his broom during quidditch," Elijah said confusedly.

"That's the cover story," she sighed before continuing. "I'm sure you heard of the whole Petrova Curse thing. Well, we were trying to break it. Cedric wasn't supposed to come, and I let him. If Cedric hadn't come that night, he would've never been in a coma. He would've been here all this time. So it is my fault, Elijah."