Funeral

Melody was still sobbing uncontrollably when she heard Dahlia groan and get up. She heard Melody's cries and saw Cedric's lifeless body. She quickly ran over, and a single tear rolled down her face.

"Who did this to him?"

Melody pointed to the dead body, and Dahlia immediately looked behind her and recognized who it was.

"Who is she?" Melody got out through sobs.

"My mother. I thought she was dead," she stammered through tears.

"Well, she is now."

Soon the two heard Leo and Harry wake up. Leo quickly stumbled to his feet and ran over to Cedric's body. Harry copied his movements. Melody couldn't stand to look at Cedric's body anymore.

"Do you have a knife?" Melody asked.

Leo pulled out a pocket knife and handed it to her. She walked over to the woman who murdered her brother and stabbed the already dead woman repeatedly until someone had pulled her off her, Harry. Dahlia had told Harry to get Melody cleaned up, as she was covered in blood.

Melody was still crying uncontrollably. Harry was just as sad as Melody-if not-more, but he didn't show it. I have to be strong for her, he thought. Melody showered in Leo and Dahlia's room. As she was showering, she stared at the blood coming down from her body, only causing her to sob more. Melody wished that her thoughts would go down the drain as the shower water did, but she knew that was unrealistic.

Once Melody was clean, she changed into warm clothing that Dahlia set out for her. Melody asked Dahlia for a quill and parchment to write to Quinn, which Dahlia gladly handed over. She wrote to Quinn about Cedric's death in hopes that she would maybe come for the funeral. She used Leo's owl to send the letter off.

The next few days were very tough, especially for Melody. Melody decided to stay at the Petrova manor for a few days, and Harry went back to school the day after.

Although Leo and Dahlia hadn't known Cedric for long, they were equally as upset as everyone else. They comforted Melody through his death, although she wished to be alone.

Today was the funeral. Quinn was going to be here for a day, but then she would take off again, which frustrated Melody. How could her best friend leave her after the worst day of her life?

Cedric always said how he wanted his funeral to be happy, meaning no black clothing. Just bright, happy colors. It was tough to be happy when you're favorite person had died but, she pulled through.

Melody was wearing a pastel blue dress that flowed a little down from her knee. She tried to zip her zipper and failed. She started crying, but not because her zipper was stuck, because he was gone. Dahlia walked into the room and helped Melody zip her zipper, and gave her a sad smile as she left the room. Melody was putting on a necklace that Cedric had given her when she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." She quickly wiped the tears streaming down her face, but Harry could tell she was crying anyway.

Harry didn't even speak but wrapped his arms around her neck. His hand rested on the back of her head, and his head rested on hers.

Leo knocked on the door, "hey, the funeral is about to start. Also, Quinn is downstairs waiting for you all."

Harry and Melody pulled away and walked downstairs, where they saw Quinn with the promise ring Cedric had given her. Melody gave Quinn a quick hug and held onto her hand as they walked outside to the garden where the funeral was being held. Melody sat next to Amos and Quinn in the front row. The ceremony was lovely, and now it was her turn to speak.

She walked up to the speaking stand with the piece of parchment I had written on.

"I'd never thought I'd have to-" a tear started rolling down her cheek as she tried to continue but couldn't.

Harry stood up and took her position as Melody sat back down, vision blurry. (Ily if you know what movie I'm referencing)

"I'd never thought I'd have to live in a world with him gone. Cedric was the kind of person who could make you smile just by him smiling. His smile was contagious, honestly. I remember the exact day Cedric said he wanted a colorful funeral, actually. He was skimming through pages of my book when he came across a funeral scenery. He went on about how funerals were so depressing and how he wanted his to be different. He said, 'why mope around about someone's life when you should celebrate it instead!' And in honor of that, I'm going to try my best to celebrate his life; I know he'd want me to. Cedric Diggory will always be my favorite person," He finished.

Murmurs of agreement were spread throughout the small audience as Harry sat back down.

"Thank you," Melody whispered to Harry, who was behind her. Harry nodded his head and turned his attention back upfront.

-

Quinn had to leave immediately after the funeral, so that left Harry and Melody alone.

"I'm going to head to bed. Harry, you're welcome to stay. Lia is still up if you need anything," said Leo. The two nodded, and Leo went to bed.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Asked Harry.

"No," She replied blankly as she looked into the burning fire.

Harry intertwined their fingers. He kissed her hand and remained to hold onto it. The thought of letting go hadn't even occurred to him, nor would it ever.

-

Melody returned to school that next day; she received a lot of sympathy stares, which Melody smiled in return. Now, everyone was called in The Great Hall by Dumbledore, who had an announcement. The hall filled with whispers questioning what was so important.

"SILENCE," he called. "Now that I have your attention, I have an announcement to make." He smiled. "As of next year... I will no longer be Headmaster of Hogwarts. I will be passing my position to Minerva McGonagall."

The hall erupted into claps and cheers as Dumbledore once more silenced them.

"You are all dismissed!"