Tryouts

WARNING:
SMUT

Melody was in The Great Hall, bouncing her leg up and down anxiously. Cedric still wouldn't talk to her, not that she could blame him. Harry had a big day ahead of him since he was the quidditch team captain. He also took notice of Melody's leg bouncing up and down. He placed his hand on her knee to keep her leg still.

Harry leaned in to whisper, "He'll come around."

Just as she was about to respond, owls started flying in delivering mail. She saw Leo's owl with three letters, one flew to Cedric's table, and then the owl flew to Melody's table and dropped two letters. She picked up one letter and began reading,

Dear Melody,

Meet me in your common room tonight at 10:00. I have some great and bad news, depends on how you take it. Cedric received the same letter. Hope to see you there. You're probably gonna kill me for what's next, but eh. Whatever.

Melody then opened the other letter but was cut off by it speaking. A howler.

"HARRY, I KNOW YOU'RE LISTENING TO THIS SO LISTEN UP, MAN WHORE. HOW DARE YOU BREAK MY DAUGHTERS HEART! I NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY SHE CHOSE YOU ANYWAY. AS SOON AS I HEARD YOU WERE JAMES'S SON I KNEW SOMETHING WAS OFF. BE LUCKY YOU MEAN A LOT TO MELODY OR I WOULD'VE KILLED YOU A LONG TIME AGO.

Lots of love, Leo," the howler finished and self-destructed.

Harry sat there, cheeks; tinged pink. Everyone started laughing from all around the hall. He then suddenly remembered something: Dahlia's only wish was for him to not break Melody's heart. And he already failed.

"Sorry," Melody whispered.

"Hey, at least he said he wouldn't kill you?" Ron said, uncertainty in his voice.

"Geez, that makes me feel so much better," Harry said sarcastically. "Alright, I've go to go. I have to be there early." Harry got up and left the hall.

"So are you and Harry back together? Or what's the deal?" Hermione asked.

"We're friends. He just wants to be friends so that's fine."

Hermione observed Melody's disappointed face and commented, "But that's not all you want, is it?"

"It doesn't matter."

"You should tell him how you feel," Ron butted in.

"Take your own advice," Melody mumbled so no one could hear. "What's the point?"

Ron scoffed at the question. "He told me he only said that because he thought you wanted to just be friends!"

"What?" Melody nearly choked on her juice. "Where did he get that idea?"

"I don't know. He's oblivious, it's just in his blood," he shrugged. "What are you waiting for? Go confess your love or something!"

"Yeah, yeah, okay!" Melody dashed up from her seat and ran out the hall. She ran to the quidditch field and saw Harry scanning over the players coming to tryouts on a clipboard.

He looked up to see Melody. "It's early, what are-"

He was cut off by Melody pulling him into a passionate kiss. She caressed his cheek, and as he did her's. Harry was shocked by the sudden movement, so it took him a second to kiss back, but nonetheless, he did. He kissed her as if he'd let go, she would disappear. If this were a fairy tale, we'd end it here, but alas, this isn't your typical love story.