A New Year

Melody, Cedric, and Amos took a much-needed vacation during the summer. They even met Amos' new lover, Ezra, whom Amos is delighted with; Melody and Cedric enjoyed him as well.

Melody and Draco wrote back and forth in the summer, talking about Dahlia's death and just some of their struggles overall.

Melody only saw Harry one week during the summer since she traveled the whole time. The week she visited, Haylee was saying her goodbyes. As of now, Melody and Cedric were at Kings Cross Station saying their goodbyes.

"You two stay safe," Ezra ordered.

"We will," Cedric assured.

"I'll miss you two. Write to me every week!" Amos instructed.

"Will do."

Cedric and Melody waved goodbye and entered the train. "If you don't mind, I'm gonna sit with my friends," said Cedric.

"I'm fine, go ahead."

Cedric gave her a small smile and left to meet his friends. Melody went to sit with Draco to thank him properly for his help throughout the summer.

In Harry's compartment, he was sitting with Ginny, Hermione, Ron, and Luna.

"She really left? And she didn't say anything?" Ginny said sadly.

"We were told not to tell you, though we wanted to." Hermione rubbed Ginny's shoulder, trying to comfort her.

"I'm sorry, Ginny," Luna frowned.

"It's fine. Can we just talk about something else?"

"Sure. Harry, what did you and Melody do this summer?" Ron changed the subject.

"I actually didn't see her but one week. She, Cedric, and Amos traveled the whole summer. She came for my birthday, and that's about it. We did write to each other, though."

"Speaking of Melody, where is she?"

"I saw her in the Slytherin train compartments. I figure she just went to sit with Daphne or Draco," Luna said in her usual dreamy voice.

"Draco?" Harry furrowed his brows.

"You haven't heard? The two became very close over the summer. They even bumped into each other whilst Melody was traveling."

"No, I haven't heard," he scoffed. "I need some air." Harry took his invisibility cloak and left the remaining four.

He turned into the Slytherin compartments. Harry peered through the doorway and saw Daphne, Melody, Draco, and Theo sitting in one booth. Harry put his cloak on and moved closer so he could hear their conversation.

"How was your summer?" Daphne asked excitedly.

"Great, you?" Melody answered.

"Elijah met my parents, and they got along really well," she answered. "What about you, Draco, Theo?"

"My mum and I traveled for a week," Draco replied.

"My summer was okay," Theo shrugged. "And I'm glad to hear about your parents and Elijah getting along."

Daphne smiled and said, "I'm glad to hear that your summers were well. Now, down to business. Mel, did Leo have any part in Umbridge's leave?"

"Surprisingly, no. I haven't had a clue why she left. I'm glad she's gone, though."

"Same here," Theo and Draco agreed.

"Weren't you her bitch for months?" Theo cocked a brow.

"Only to get on her good side!"

Theo hummed, still unconvinced. Melody yawned and said, "Is it okay if I go to sleep? Just wake me up when we arrive?"

Daphne nodded and let Melody's head fall on her shoulder. After the train ride was over, Daphne woke Melody and began to leave the train.

"Draco, you coming?" Theo shouted.

"In a second!"

Theo shrugged and followed Daphne and Melody off the train.

-

Melody sat at the Gryffindor table, looking for Harry. He was not known to miss the vast dinner after a long train ride, so she was more than concerned. Hermione was tapping her foot anxiously as she watched Ron eat.

"Will-you-stop-eating!" Hermione hit Ron at each syllable. "Your best friends missing!"

"Oí! Turn around, you lunatic!" Hermione and Melody turned around and finally saw Harry, who was covered in blood. "Bloody hell," Ron mumbled.

Harry sat next to Melody as if everything were normal. "Where have you been?" Hermione asked worriedly. "What happened to your face?"

"Later," he dismissed.

Melody assisted him in mending his bloody nose whilst McGonagall began to talk. As soon as her speech was over, the sorting ceremony began. Several names were called before one caught Melody's attention.

"Malia Lestrange!"

Her eyes immediately darted to Cedric, who looked unphased.

"Slytherin!" The hat called.

Lots of the boys howled as she sat down at the table, to which Malia responded with an eye roll. As soon as the ceremony was over, everyone was dismissed.

"Harry, what-" Melody began.

"I'll tell you later," he replied with a hint of anger in his voice. "I'm going to stroll through the castle a bit. See you later."

Melody nodded and left. Harry walked around the castle, passing Dumbledore's office. As he did so, he noticed the door was open. Harry, being curious, peeked through the door to see Dumbledore reading something.

"Dumbledore?" Harry questioned with a surprised face. "I'm surprised to see you here."

Dumbledore looked up. "Ah, yes, I was expecting you." He waved Harry into his office, which Harry followed. "I'm only here visiting. How are you?"

"I'm well, you?"

"I'm quite well too. What about your activities outside the classroom?"

"Sir?"

"Well, I noticed you spend a great deal of time with Miss Granger. I can't help wondering if..."

Harry was quick to object. "Oh, no, no. I mean, she's brilliant, and we're friends, but no," he assured. "I'm surprised you don't know; me and Melody are together."

A look of worry spread over Dumbledore's face. Harry noticed and asked, "Are you alright, sir?"

"Yes, it's nothing."

Harry furrowed his brows. "What is it?"

"I'm just worried for you, that's all. I mean, you know how much power Melody contains, and I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Why would I get hurt?"

Dumbledore sighed. "Melody can barely control her powers, so if she were ever to snap, her magic could get out of control, and she may just hurt someone, maybe even herself."

"She's gotten good at controlling it, and I'm sure I'll be fine."

"Very well then. You should get to bed, long day ahead of you."

Harry nodded and walked out of his office. But Dumbledore's words stuck with him.

-

AND THATS THE FIRST CHAPTER FOR SIXTH YEAR

ANYWAY

Currently sobbing to 'Never Let Me Go' by Florence + Machine

Can we all agree that we ship Amos and Ezra??

And...
The drama begins here