Scars

As of now, Ron and Hermione were arguing while Theo, Melody, and Harry were watching. Theo was cheering on Hermione while Harry was trying to calm him down.

"This is absurd! I can kiss whomever I'd like!"

"I never said you couldn't!"

"For goodness sakes, shag already!" Theo shouted.

"No!" Hermione and Ron said at the same time.

"What's shagging gonna solve anyway?"

Theo shrugged. "Solves my issues well. When you want to kill someone, shag them instead."

Harry shook his head with a small smile. "That reminds me, I need to talk to you," he whispered to Melody. She nodded and followed him to the stairwell. "Okay... so really funny story..." he chuckled nervously. "So Leo held Umbridge hostage and she escaped..." he laughed again. "How funny is that?"

Melody's eyes widened and she began blinking very slowly. "So funny," she shrieked, sarcasm in her voice.

"Funniest story in the world."

"What the hell was he thinking?" Melody wondered aloud. "What's even the point of holding her hostage? Why not just kill her?"

"He's laying off the killing habits, apparently.

"The one time Leo decides to be responsible," she groaned frustratedly. "Okay... why not just use a locater spell?"

"He doesn't have her wand."

"What does he expect us to do?" she asked.

Harry thought for a moment before coming to a realization. "Would we be able to track her by our scars?"

"That would require us reopening them..."

Harry nodded. "There's no need for 'us' to reopen them, I can do it."

"Harry, your scar traced on your wrist, you'd bleed to death!"

"It's just a scratch. It'll heal... probably," he mumbled the last part.

Melody exhaled before nodding. "If you trace across your vain, you'll bleed to death!"

"I'll avoid it, I don't know!"

"Finding some teacher we don't even like isn't worth your life!" she shouted.

"But you having a father is!"

The stairwell fell silent for a few seconds.

"What?" she spluttered.

"You've already lost your mother, I won't let you lose Leo too, knowing I could've done something. I love you too much for that. And I'm not taking no for an answer."

"I figured," she muttered. She then chanted a spell that put him in a deep sleep. "I wasn't taking yes for an answer either."

Just then, Theo came up the stairs. Melody quickly put Harry's unconscious body behind her.

"Hey, heard you two arguing, and all I have to say, a good shag can-"

Harry's body fell from behind her with a thud.

"Well you can't shag a dead person, now can you," Theo gaped.

"He's not dead," Melody said as she picked up his body. "He'll just be in a very deep sleep for a little over twenty-four hours."

"Do I wanna know why you knocked out your boyfriend?" Theo asked with his brow arched.

"Probably not."

"I'm just gonna walk away before I'm next." He put his hands up as he walked down the steps.

Melody dragged him up to his dorm and placed him on his bed. She tucked him in a kissed his temple.

"Sorry," she whispered. "But I couldn't let you go through with it." She sighed and brushed the hair out of his face. "This leaves me twenty-four hours to figure something out. Great."

She thought long and hard for about fifteen minutes before remembering: if Harry talked to Leo, he could still be here. She dashed out of the dorm and began heading back to the last place Leo was seen. The DADA classroom. Once she arrived, she entered the classroom to see Leo and Snape having a not-so-friendly conversation.

"It was one time, Severus!"

"It was multiple! You let Sirius light me on fire!"

"Sorry?" Leo said not very sincerely. "It was years ago! You know what else was years ago: you and Lily Evans!"

"Don't bring her up!"

Melody started snickering because she was imagining Harry as Snape's son. Not a very good thing to see. Only then did Leo and Snape see Melody standing there.

"Miss Diggory, you're right on time for detention. And where is Mister Potter?"

"Uh, he is..." she looked around the room for just an excuse when her eyes landed on a table. "He's tied to a table."

Snape tilted his head. "Why did he tie himself to a table?"

"Uh... he decided that he's gonna boycott detention," she chuckled weakly. Harry's gonna have more than one detention once he wakes up.

"So he tied himself to a table because he wanted to boycott detention?" Leo repeated. "I knew the kid was stupid, but James wouldn't even do something that dumb. Actually, he would."

"Uh, anyway, I need to talk to you for a minute."

Leo nodded and followed her to the hall.

"I'm assuming Harry told you about the little inconvenience called Dolores Umbridge?"

"Yeah."

"Did either of you figure something out?"

Melody scratched the back of her neck. She was weighing her options, either Leo goes to Azkaban or Harry dies. She just had to find a balance. "Nope."

He observed Melody's facial expressions before commenting, "Harry's not really tied to a table, is he?"

"He had a very dumb idea that would've got him killed so he's in a very deep sleep for a little while..."

"What was his idea?"

"He wants to use our scars to find her, but our scars are carved into our wrist, and-"

"You'll die if you do," he interrupted. "I'm not gonna let him do that. But Harry's on the right track, does anyone here have their scars on their hand?"

"Only one person that I know, but she wouldn't have any interest in helping us..."

"It's worth a shot, who?"

"Pansy Parkinson."