Welcome Back

It was safe to say Melody's summer was terrible. As soon as she thought she was getting through Cedric's death, she broke down. She slept in her brother's bed most of the summer. She and her father never got around to packing Cedric's room. And if you thought it couldn't get worse, Harry hadn't written to her all summer. Amos thought it was only appropriate to cancel the pre-Hogwarts dinner.

As of now, Melody had just been dropped off at the station. She decided to go ahead and board the train, not like she was waiting for anyone. She found an empty compartment and settled in. The compartment door slid open to show a rather handsome guy.

"Hey, sorry, all the other compartments are full. I have extreme social anxiety, and this was the compartment that was the least full-" the boy rambled. "Sorry-" he cut himself off. "-I meant to ask, can I sit?"

"Of course, and I don't mind the rambling," she smiled.

"Thank you. I'm Elijah, by the way." He smiled while sitting across from her.

"I'm Melody," she smiled back. "Are you new?"

"Yeah. I used to live in England, moved when I was eight, then my dad moved us back," he explained.

"Quite the story."

"I heard you have quite the story as well-I read the Daily Prophet." Elijah quickly informed. "It helps that my dad is like best friends with yours-Leo."

"Oh, wow," Melody said surprisingly. "And I guess you could say that."

As soon as Elijah was about to say something, the compartment door slid open once again to reveal Harry. He barged in and sat next to Melody.

"I'm Elijah." He offered his hand for Harry to shake, but he ignored it.

"I'm Harry, her boyfriend," he said sternly. Elijah pulled his hand away.

Melody raised an eyebrow. "He's not," she rolled her eyes.

"Oh, that's okay, I wasn't-" Elijah began. Before he could continue, Harry and Melody started bickering.

"You can't just drop in and say you're my boyfriend! You didn't even write to me the whole summer."

"Look, I'm sorry! I just-" He started.

"Forgot?" She interrupted. "I'm sure you did," she scoffed.

"I can leave...." Elijah offered.

"No, Harry can leave." Melody chuckled harshly.

"I leave? Why do I have to leave?"

Elijah looked back and forth between the two. Eventually, Haylee came to drag Harry out.

"Sorry, he's-"

"You don't owe an explanation," He said quickly.

Melody sighed in relief. "Thank goodness 'cause I had no idea what I was gonna say," she laughed.

Meanwhile, in Harry's compartment...

"She's with another guy in that compartment," Harry scoffed.

"That's completely your fault. I told you to write to her," Haylee said.

"Agreed," Ron said.