Alive?

Harry and Melody called it even after Harry teased her. As of now, the two were in the common room. Harry was sitting on one side of the couch with his legs crossed, and Melody had her feet in his lap. Melody was rambling about OWLs and attempting to show Harry how to do certain things, but he was not getting it.

"Harry, are you even listening?" Melody was very frustrated about the upcoming test, so this just irritated her more.

"I'm sorry, Melody, but I already know this. You forget that my dad is best friends with Professor Lupin."

Melody let out a frustrated sigh. "I'm about to go full Hermione Granger on you if you do not pay attention."

"You've been going "full Hermione Granger" on me this whole week," he groaned. "Just let me take you on a date or something. You've been studying nonstop."

"Twisting the wise words of Hermione Granger; you are such an idiot."

Harry let out an irritated sigh. "We haven't even been on a real date since we started dating!" He complained. "We've had sex but not a single date!"

Everyone in the common room turned their attention to the couple arguing. Harry turned even more annoyed. "What! Never seen a couple have sex but not a date?" He asked sarcastically.

"Actually, no. We have not," Seamus answered. "If you don't mind, Harry, us people who have had dates have to get back to our work."

Harry turned his attention back to Melody. "You see what I mean? It's pathetic we haven't had an actual date. I couldn't even take you to the Yule Ball. And you did agree to come out with me before the break."

"The Yule Ball thing was your fault and, you're right. I gave you my word, so yes, Harold, I will go on a date with you."

"Do not call me Harold," he tried to say strictly, but there was a giddy smile on his face.

"Fine. Yes, Harry, I will go on a date with you."

"Yes!" He exclaimed. He jumped up from his spot and pecked her lips. "Promise you won't regret it." He then went up to his dorm to change.

Seamus took Harry's place. "Did I hear that correctly?" He asked in disbelief. "You two had sex but never been on a date?"

"He was my date to my parent's wedding," Melody said in more of a question manor.

"That doesn't count."

Shortly later, Harry came back down. He sat next to Melody and put his arm around her. "Ready to go, Love?"

"Hold on! I have a challenge for you two," said Seamus. Melody raised an eyebrow. "Your challenge: no physical contact the whole date. Meaning no holding hands, no hugs, no sex. Just emotional connection."

"Why would we agree to that?" Asked Harry.

"Because if you do, I'll finally ask Dean out."

"Sorry, Mel. I've got to accept that challenge. I've been waiting years for them to date," Harry shrugged.

"Makes two of us."

"Alright, then. It's settled."

Harry took his arm off of Melody, and the two walked out of the common room. When they were out of sight, Harry slung his arm back around Melody. "Like hell we're accepting Seamus's challenge."

The two heard heels click from around the corner. Harry was quick to pull Melody and himself into a broom closet so they wouldn't be caught. He placed his hand over her mouth. He removed his hand when they heard the heels turn a corner.

"Think they're gone?"

"Probably."

-
The two arrived at Hogsmeade and went to The Three Broomsticks. Harry left to order drinks. While he was gone, Cormac McLaggen took his spot.

"Uh, hi?"

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't be here alone," said Cormac.

She chuckled nervously. "I'm not. I'm here with my boyfriend."

"Who? Potter? You could do loads better!" Cormac exclaimed.

"Excuse you, I don't think she's interested," Harry said.

Cormac looked up to see him. "When you two break up, let me know." He winked and then exited the table.

Harry scoffed and sat back down at his chair. "So, Mel, I actually have a question..." Melody nodded for him to go on. "How would you feel about staying at my house for the summer? I asked my parents, and they're okay with it," said Harry. "Of course, you don't have to, only if you'd like."

"I don't know. I don't want to leave my dad alone the whole summer. Maybe the last week of the summer?"

"Sounds perfect," he replied. "Is Amos doing the pre-Hogwarts dinner this year?"

"I honestly don't know. I guess my dad just doesn't think it's right without Cedric. Quite frankly, I don't either."

Harry tensed up at the mention of Cedric. "Remember that girl from the wedding, Maria?" He whispered.

"Yeah."

"I didn't actually have a sex dream about her. I lied."

"What did you see?"

"I saw Cedric. Alive."

Melody scoffed. "Really, Harry? I saw him die. I saw the woman kill him. I fucking checked his pulse. What game are you playing, Harry?"

"I-I know it sounds bizarre," he stammered.

"Damn right it does."

"Melody, I wouldn't tell you this unless it was true." Melody looked anywhere but at him. "Think about it, Melody. Did you see his body get buried? Did you see him in his casket? Did you see what your parents did with his body after he was killed? So tell me, Melody, would it be such a stretch to conclude that maybe he's alive."

She finally looked him in the eye. "No, I didn't see what happened to his body," she finally answered. "But it doesn't make sense that he didn't come back home. It just doesn't add up, Harry."

"I know it's crazy. But just hear me out. Quinn. Quinn found out he was still alive and left Hogwarts to find him or something."

"She left Hogwarts before Cedric died, though."

"Okay, so maybe her reason for leaving was true at first, then, she found Cedric and for some reason didn't bring him home," he concluded.

"I don't wanna think about him being alive," said Melody. "I just settled with the fact that he's gone. I'm not giving my hopes up. Sorry, Harry, you're on your own." Melody then left the table.

-
Sorry this was short
Anyways straight out of a telenovela🥳

BTW THIS IS THE 50TH CHAPTER
WOOP WOOP

also:
I'm gonna unfortunately be ending the story after 6th year
I will do a flash forward to show you what Melody and Harry's life is like though

BUT I am working on a new Harry fan fic so I'll be publishing it after this is wrapped up

Btw if you don't know what a telenovela is, watch
"Jane The Virgin"
Its so good
I'd kill to watch this show for the first time again
(It's on Netflix)