Haylee Black

(I'm doing a time skip to after the holidays. I attempted to write a Christmas chapter, but I got bored. I'm sorry!!)

Melody and Cedric had just got to the station. Cedric was half asleep still. Melody was waiting for Quinn and Harry while she let Cedric's head rest on her shoulder. As if someone read her mind, Harry and a girl that Melody had never seen approached them. Melody twitched her shoulder so her brother would wake up. The girl that was walking next to Harry was no doubt beautiful. Harry began introducing Haylee before she insisted upon introducing herself.
After everyone exchanged names, they realized they only had two minutes before the train took off. Quinn was still nowhere in sight, so they all just assumed she was already on the train.

Cedric separated to sit with his other friends, and the group decided to find Ron and Hermione. Melody slid open the compartment door and saw Hermione and Ron talking about their holidays. Melody sat next to Hermione, who was also next to Ron, and Haylee and Harry sat next to each other on the other side. Haylee introduced herself to Ron and Hermione, as did they.

"My dad told me something about a sorting ceremony. What's that about?" Haylee asked in a raspy voice, which Melody admired.

"Since it's not the beginning of the year, I believe you'll be sorted alone. There are four houses: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Everyone gets sorted into their houses after they arrive," Hermione explained.

"What house are you all in?"

"Gryffindor," they said in unison.

"So do I hope to get in Gryffindor? Or..." she trailed off.

"All the houses are good," said Melody. "Although I do have favorites."

"Except Slytherin," Ron chimed in.

"Don't listen to him. He just hates Slytherins because he doesn't know how to defend himself against one." Melody rolled her eyes.

"Not true! I just think they're mean," Ron defended.

"Because you let them be."

Melody and Ron argued back and forth for what seemed like ages. The remaining three in the compartment drifted out of the conversation, which didn't go unnoticed by Ron and Melody, who stopped arguing.

-
Everyone emptied of the train. Melody looked around for Quinn, but she was nowhere to be seen. The four sat in a carriage and told Haylee about the teachers she should be careful around.

"What's that pulling the carriage?" Haylee questioned.

Hermione, Ron, and Harry told her nothing was pulling the carriage. Melody, on the other hand, knew exactly why she saw something pulling the carriage.

-
Everyone was now in the Great Hall. Haylee had to separate from the group to be sorted.

"Haylee Black!"

Haylee walked up to the stool, and the hat fell onto her head.

"Hm... Another Black..." The hat spoke.

'I don't have all day. I don't even want to be here,' Haylee thought and mentally rolled her eyes.

"Snappy one, aren't you... Lots of trauma, no doubt there. Does not meet the requirements for Ravenclaw, although intelligent. Certainly not a Hufflepuff! Brave, no doubt. SLYTHERIN!" The hat finally announced.