Mother Dearest

Winter break starts in two days. Quinn is spending winter break with Melody's family since her's is not exactly family-friendly. Melody and Harry haven't talked since they kissed, and when they did speak, it was only small talk. Harry acted as if nothing happened. Every time Melody or someone brought it up; he'd make an excuse to leave.

"What do you think, Melody?" Quinn turned to her best friend.

"What?"

"I think we should watch The Titanic on Christmas eve. Harry thinks we should watch The Shining."

"Isn't The Shining a horror movie? And what do you mean we? Harry's staying with his parents over break."

"Cedric invited him. And yes, it's a horror movie."

Melody felt the color drain from her face. If she and Harry couldn't be in a room for five minutes, how were they going to last two weeks? "Titanic sounds good."

"He still hasn't talked to you, has he?" She frowns.

Melody shook her head, "No."

"Speaking of them, we need to go meet with the boys."

A few minutes later, they met with the two boys. Quinn and Cedric still somewhat hate each other but tolerated one another. They are now walking back from breakfast. As they all walked through the empty hallway, two tall figures appeared in front of them.

Melody instantly knew it was Dahlia, and next to her-from what Melody's could recognize-her father from the paper. Harry quickly acted by putting his arms out in front of them all. "If you want to hurt Cedric and Melody, you're gonna have to hurt all of us too."

"Who the hell agreed to those terms?" Quinn exclaimed, now in front of the group.

"Relax, we're not here to hurt you," Leo stated calmly, putting his arms up in surrender.

"Okay, I really don't care why you're here, but where did you get that pantsuit? It's gorgeous!" Quinn complimented Dahlia.

"Thank you. I'll set you up with my personal shopper!" Dahlia responded just as enthusiastically.

"Enough chit-chat. This is the part where I'm supposed to gas you, but I thought bullets were more fun," Leo shrugged.

"You speak too much," Dahlia said, taking the gas mask from him.

"You never let me have fun," Leo groaned.

"I'm sorry, was faking your death not fun enough?"

"Fair enough. Ok, gas them or whatever now," Leo said impatiently.

Everything went dark shortly after.

-

Melody woke up in a large bedroom. She looked around and noticed Harry was lying next to her, and Cedric was sitting down on the foot of the bed, fiddling with his rings and tapping his foot rapidly.

"Wheres Quinn?"

"She and your mum are like... best friends? I don't know some weird shit, but she's with your mum now," Harry said, now sitting next to me.

Dahlia and Quinn walked into the room giggling.

"Good! You're awake!" Dahlia exclaimed.

"Why are we here, and where are we?"

"You are in the Petrova Manor. And I have a favor to ask of you," she said, walking closer to Melody, to which she responded by backing away. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna harm you if you don't comply, but I think you'll want to."

"Why did you take my friends?"

"I was only aiming for you and Cedric, but you two wouldn't separate from Quinn and Harry, so I just had to kidnap you all."