Wedding

Melody and Harry were preparing for the wedding. Melody put on a necklace Cedric gave her, and then she put on a ring that Hermione gave her. She then helped Harry with his tie-which he somehow hasn't mastered. Harry even insisted on doing her makeup, though it came out horribly, so Melody wiped it off and redid it.

"Why in the world do your parents want their wedding in Antarctica?"

"Ice sculptures." She clasped the chain from the necklace. "We should probably get going."

The two departed to Antarctica. Once they arrived, they were greeted by who they assumed were Dahlia and Leo's friends. Harry took Melody's hand in hers and then kissed the side of her face.

"I'm Jaxon Wood; you must be Melody," the man smiled. Then he turned to Harry. "And you are?"

"I'm Harry Potter, Sir."

"You must be Elijah's dad, right?" Asked Melody.

"Correct. And nice to meet you, Harry," Jaxon said politely. "Melody, Dahlia wants you in her dressing room. Harry, are you here for the bride or the groom?"

"Well, the groom has threatened to kill me, so probably the bride. "

Jaxon chuckled and checked a clipboard before saying, "Draco Malfoy is in the third row; you can sit next to him." Harry had an uneasy feeling since he and Draco don't get along, but after Melody giving his hand an assuring squeeze, he went over. "And, Melody, the dressing room is this way." He pointed in the direction.

Melody smiled, thanked him, and went to Dahlias dressing room. When she entered, she saw Narcissa Malfoy assisting Dahlia in her makeup.

"Melody! You came!" Dahlia stood up from her chair and hugged Melody.

"Of course," Melody smiled. "Hi, Mrs. Malfoy."

"Oh please, dear, call me Narcissa," Narcissa beamed. "Sit back down so I can finish your makeup," she instructed Dahlia.

Dahlia sat back down on the stool but continued talking. "Your dress is in the next room, Melody. One of my other friends can assist you in putting it on." Melody nodded and went to the next room.

"Did you ever have doubts about marrying Lucius?" Asked Dahlia.

"Why? Are you having doubts?"

"No, just wondering."

"If you must know, I only married Lucius because he was rich."

"Isn't your family already rich?" Questioned Dahlia.

"You can never have too much money," Narcissa said. "Okay, I'm done with your makeup. We still have twenty minutes until the ceremony." She set down the makeup brush and handed Dahlia a piece of parchment. "I'll help you put with your dress." Narcissa helped Dahlia into her dress and then went to put on her own. Melody came out of the room in a silver dress.

Dahlia sighed in relief. "I'm so glad the dress fit; I was unsure if I got the right size. You look beautiful, by the way."

"Thank you, you too!"

"It sucks that Quinn couldn't make it. Leo told me she had the flu. Tell her I hope she gets better soon."

Melody tensed up. "Actually, Quinn doesn't have the flu. she and I aren't friends anymore. Leo was just covering for me."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Dahlia said sincerely.

"It's fine," she said, giving an assuring smile. "Narcissa said to go outside when I was ready. Good luck, mom."

Melody skipped outside. Dahlia was taken back by Melody calling her mom. A smile appeared on her face as she repeated, "Mom. She just called me mom."