CHAPTER 57

JOSEPHS POV:

Machine guns go off as my teammates hide behind tables we use as shields. The noise is so loud they close their eyes and cover their ears.

"Come on. You guys shooting with your damn eyes closed? Bullet holes everywhere. Anthony, aim higher at the bullet paper." I tell him as I inspect the shoot work they are doing.

"All right." Anthony calls out, his ears still probably ringing.

"Groove, try aiming at the podium, not the wall." I yell to a different team member.

"All right." He calls back.

"Hey, hey. We got a visitor." Anthony remarks.

"Oh, that isn't someone in uniform, eh?" Groove says.

"Jospeh, it's Opal." Anthony calls out.

I turn around, preoccupied with the bullet holes, and I see Opal walking from a far distance in a red dress, a tight dress. I hear a few whistles that are muted with just one glare.

I quickly take off my sunglasses and duck behind the tables, "Jesus." I whisper, breathing hard.

"You alright?" Anthony asks.

"Yeah. Yeah." I turn back to see Opal striding closer. I grip on to the table I'm hiding behind, harder. "I think I'm falling for her." I confess to Anthony.

"Wow. Didn't see that coming." Groove says.

I stand back up, "I don't want this to happen. This can't happen, but it kind of did. I can't help it." I smile down at Anthony.

"Well, Joseph, if she's gotta be with someone, it might as well be you." Anthony shrugs, he sets the table back up and starts wiping it with a rag.

"Isn't that your brothers girl? He's dead somewhere watching his little brother doin his girl. I know Sawyer, he would come back from the dead and beat the living crap out of you." Groove chimes in as Opal walks over.

"Groove, back off." Anthony barks.

"If I saw my brother do that, I'd be back from the dead in seconds." Groove says, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Hey, Joseph is being a good brother, taking care of her himself." Simon speaks out.

"I have a girlfriend." Mark speaks up, out of the blue. We all turn to him, I give him a weird look.

"That's great. Come on, let's go." Simon rounds everyone up and they leave me alone in the hangar.

"Joseph, just know this is about you and her. Sawyer is gone, try to forget about him." Anthony gives my back a pat.

"Be careful, women have a way with clouding the mind." Groove speaks out, pointing to his head.

"Thanks, Groove." I nod, not entirely sure what he's on about.

"Welcome." He slaps the table before heading out.

"Hey, Jospeh." Opal says, finally making it to where we are. "Where is everyone going?" She notices everyone around me dispersing.