CHAPTER 7

I look from the window to Sawyer.

"You're kidding..." I deadpan. Both of Sawyers hands are on each side of my head, cornering me against the bathroom door.

"I wish I were, love." He says, his voice low and slow and I eye him. I slowly duck under his arms, and walk to the window. We're on the second floor, and it's a long way down. I gulp and turn around to face Sawyer. He's staring at me, waiting for me to leave.

"I'm not going down that window, no matter what the heck you say..." I tell him. "I'll stay in the bathroom all night. I'll put tissues in my ear so I won't hear anything and be scarred for life. But please don't let me climb out that window." I start to blabber and he walks over to me and covers my mouth with his hand, rolling his eyes.

"Nope." He says and I sigh out, looking at the window again.

"You can't make me do this..." I plead and he raises an eyebrow.

"I can't? It's my bathroom, remember?" He questions and he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Oh, I have an idea. You can go out there and turn off the light and make lots of noise and I'll just run out. It will be too dark for her to even notice.."

Sawyer gives thought to what I'm saying, but he shakes his head no.

"Come on, I'll hoist you up..." He says and he stands by the window, tapping on the small ledge. I breath out, looks like I'm doing this... I hesitantly walk over to him and he cups his hands together, and I put my foot into his hands and I push down on his shoulders as he lifts me up.

I open the window and look down. I try breathing and I quickly close the window.

"Nope. Can't do it..." I turn around and he pulls me back down.

"I'll wait.." He says.

I don't have to take any of his crap...

"Guess what? I don't care." I tell him and push him out of the way and swing the door open.

The dim lamp light by his bed is illuminating the room. Sawyers room is neater than mine. No clothes on the floor. His large bed looks like it hasn't been slept in, in days. And the amount of books he has is unbelievable. His room looks empty, like he hardly lives here anymore. The smell of his room, makes me want to climb into his bed and sleep.

I snap out of looking at every detail of his room.

Wait a minute....

I turn to him with a glare.

"There's no girl in here..." I cross my arms over my chest.

Sawyer breaks out into a smile and then starts laughing to himself.

"I really thought you were gonna piss on yourself for a second.." He says, and I glare at him.

"I'm glad you find humor in this situation. You just waisted my time." I jab a finger into his chest and his face hardens. He raises an eyebrow, and I pull my arm away from him.

He lets out a long sigh, and I continue my rant. I sit on his bed as he leans against his bathroom door frame.

"Ever since you 'saved' me..." My fingers air quote the word saved, and Sawyer rolls his eyes. "I've been trying to think of a reason as to why? Why would you care I'm down there, my uncle is a 'murderer' and you accused me of helping him. So why waste your time for someone you don't care about?"

"I can't hel...."

"No you can't help. You're not that kind of guy, you're an asshole jerk and you're arrogant. You can't expect me to believe you're a decent guy under all of..." And I look at him and wave my hands. "That." I say with disgust and he scowls. "No, you're not decent. You have to have a reason, a motive... and I just put two and two together, and that reason is your brother."