CHAPTER: 52

"So do you really think ghost exist?" Jospeh asks. I look up from reading my book. I'm reading a collection of ghost stories. He's staring at the book and shivers.

"Yes. You don't?" I question, closing the book. I sit up and lean on a pillow.

"No." He shakes his head aggressively. He sits on the couch across from me.

"Then why do you sound terrified?" I raise a questioning eyebrow.

"It's creepy to think about." He shrugs.

"Is this place haunted?" I look around. It is an old house but turned modern.

"No. No don't even start." He looks around. He seems freaked out just thinking about it. Sawyer walks in,

"Morning." He greets which startles Jospeh. Sawyer eyes him, before he can say something mean I stand up.

"Well, my morning is ruined." I direct that comment to Sawyer and walk out of the room.

"Wait, Opal." I hear Jospeh following after me. "Do you believe in big foot?" He questions. I giggle at the question.

"No. Do you?" I ask as we walk out back. It's a chilly day and it might snow later on.

"Yes. Big foot has to be real." He tries saying without laughing.

We both sit down on the bench. "Aliens?" I question.

"No." He swiftly says.

"I think I've seen a UFO once. I think." I laugh at the memory.

"I don't believe you."

"You believe in big foot more than ghost, there is more evidence for ghost than big foot." I playfully argue.

"It makes sense." He shrugs.

I roll my eyes laughing at his logic. I sigh and look down at the book I'm still holding. We're both quiet.

"About yesterday," Jospeh starts. Here he goes, apologizing for Sawyer again. I look up at him,

"It's nothing. Moment of weakness. He said something." I stop not really wanting to talk about it. Not wanting to say his words hurt.

"Sawyers an absolute asshole and I don't think he's ever going to change. I'm sorry that he said those things." He grabs my hand and I let him.

"It's okay. I'm okay." I nod, trying to convince myself. Once again Sawyer walks out looking for Jospeh.

"Where the hell did you go? I take one phone call and the moment I hang up you're gone." Sawyer rolls his eyes.

"Wish you'd be gone..." I mutter. They both capture what I say. Jospeh turns to me shocked, Sawyer on the other hand tries to ignore me but the crease between his eyebrows tells me I got to him.

"We need to talk." Sawyer stands taller and by the tone of his voice I know it's serious. I don't wait to be told to leave, I walk away. I make sure to bump into Sawyer, he doesn't expect it. He stands his ground and I barley make him move. I don't look back but I'm sure I'm met with a glare.

I sit around the kitchen island. I'm still able to see them.

"That's weird." Avery walks in. She watches Sawyer and Jospeh interact.

"What?" I ask confused my eyes never leaving them.

"I haven't seen them laugh in a while." She sadly shrugs.

I look back at her and at them. Sawyer says something that causes Jospeh to laugh hysterically. Jospeh catches me staring through the glass door and waves. I can't help but smile at how happy he looks and wave back at him. Sawyer turns and as soon as he sees me a frown immediately replaces his lips.