CHAPTER 81

It's been two weeks since Sawyers head injury and I've been avoiding him like the plague. I don't think he minds me not being there to bother him. He's kind of been working hard with Thomas. I kind of gave myself a break from working with them. Sawyer hasn't said anything so here I am.

Breakfast has been awkward. Drew always asks if I need anything or if I'm hungry every second of the day. It's sweet but annoying at the same time, I just don't know how to tell him to stop.

"Opal, do you want anything specific for breakfast?" Drew right away gets up from eating and heads to the stove.

"No, I'll make myself a bowl of cereal." I sigh and start preparing.

"Are you sure? I'm already up." He says and everyone is looking between us.

"I'm sure." I nod with a quick smile.

"You don't want eggs, pancakes, bacon?" He still continues not getting the hint.

"She said she'd have cereal." Sawyer rudely cuts in. I guess he's also getting annoyed with Drew.

"Can I talk to you, alone?" I turn to Drew when I'm done pouring milk into the bowl.

Drew looks at everyone and slowly to me. "Okay, but is everything okay?" He asks and I pull at his arm and take him far away from the kitchen.

"You need to stop." I quietly tell him.

"What?" He says with a tiny laugh.

"You keep asking if I'm hungry or need anything every second. That's making everyone suspicious. Especially Sawyer." I smack him on the arm, hoping he get the hint.

"Jesus, I forgot I'm the only one who knows." He says and he rubs his forehead. "Shit, I promise I'll stop." He pats my shoulder and heads back to the kitchen. I breathe out, hoping I got to him.

I go back in a few minutes later and everyone is eyeing the both of us.

"Yes?" I snap.

"Nothing. You're acting weird." Avery says, signaling with her eyes that I need to act normal.

"Right, sorry. I've been having bad dreams." I shrug. I have, it's been the same one everyday. I'm always in a dark room, alone tied to a chair and hands, rotten hands are reaching out, cutting and scratching me. I shiver just thinking about it.

Sawyer catches my shiver and he raises an eyebrow. I know he wants an explanation but I just look away and take a spoonful of cereal.

"Any plans for today?" Sawyer randomly asks. No one answers and he turns to Evan,

"Oh, business meetings." Evan says as he reads the newspaper. Sawyer turns to Drew,

"Trying to find a job." Drew says and Sawyer frowns.

"Why? You have everything you need." Sawyer reassures my brother and Drew shakes his head.

"Mostly boredom. There's nothing for me to do here." Drew easily lies with a shrug. Sawyer nods and turns to Avery. I see what he's doing, he can careless about anyones plans, he just wants to know what I'm doing.

Sawyer looks to Avery next, she puts her fork down and sighs, "Do you really care?" She asks and Sawyer chuckles,

"Of course I do." Sawyer defends and I hold in my laugh. I finally can tell when Sawyer is lying. His eyebrow twitches for a spit second and he fidgets a certain way, but he makes you believe every word.

"Fine, I plan to help Evan with his work day and probably do some online shopping." She says and Sawyer nods when he finally turns to me, his face serious.