CHAPTER 28

"How are you feeling?" Jospeh asks.

I sit up on the couch after staring at the ceiling and hearing everyone conversing downstairs. I'm not sure if I have the strength to get out of bed or if I even want to get out of bed.

"Abnormally tired." I say yawning, my voice going deeper as I do.

I see a coffee mug near Sawyers computer, hot steam still rising from the cup. Fresh cup of coffee, he just left the room. He's been up all night.

"Hungry?" Jospeh asks and I turn my attention back to him.

The thought of food makes me want to puke.

"Umm, maybe later." I tell him with a smile and plop back down into the sofa. My whole body sinking in the comfort of cushions.

"Hey, if you're up for it we're all headed into downtown Toronto. Haven't been there since we were kids." He says with a hopeful smile.

"Sounds fun." I tell him. He walks back downstairs and I close my eyes. "Wait, isn't it dangerous to go out?"

"Nope. We will be fine." Jospeh shouts from the bottom of the stairs. I close my eyes again, time for the first nap of the day.

I stir awake from a blaring alarm.

"Sleeping beauty's finally up." Sawyer deadpans, he's carefully distributing something into a small vile.

"What time is it?" I question.

"Three o' clock."

I shoot off the couch. Jospeh said they were going into town, why didn't he wake me?

I walk back and forth in panic, not knowing what to do.

"Don't bother, they've already gone." Sawyer says.

"When did they leave?" I brush the curls from my face.

"Couple hours ago." He shrugs.

"Why didn't anyone wake me?" I huff out. I pick up the blanket from the floor and start folding it.

"Jospeh didn't want to wake you."

I see Sawyers phone near the couch, the alarm still going. I look back to Sawyer.

"Did you set an alarm on purpose?" I cross my arms, "to wake me up?"

Sawyer slowly walks to me and grabs the phone from the small side table.

"You have a little drool." He points to my chin. "Right there."

I slap his hand away, my cheeks turning pink. I wipe away the white crust around my mouth.

Sawyer goes back to working. I sit back on the couch not knowing what else to do.

"Go get dressed..." Sawyer says, not batting an eye in my direction.

"Where are we going?"

He takes off his gloves and lifts his head to look at me, "Paris."

"Nope, I'm not getting on anymore planes."

Sawyer rolls his eyes.

"A village is missing its idiot." Sawyer mutters.

"What?" I question.

"Nothing. It's a small town in Ontario. It's not France." He says, expressionless.

"Right." I scratch my head. "I knew that." I let out a laugh.

"Fever making you forget to?" Sawyer looks at me, he seems worried, but he's good at hiding his facial emotions.

"Small fact I forgot." I shrug. "How much time do I have?"