CHAPTER 80

The new year doesn't feel like a new and fresh start. Instead I feel like everything from the past year is continuing on into this year and I'm kind of tired of it. 

Tension between Evan and me has thickened and I try to avoid him as much as possible but play it cool if Sawyer is in the room.

"Have any of you seen Sawyer?" Nancy asks and everyone looks to me. I stop eating my pancakes and stare at them.

"Well, do you?" Avery asks and I roll my eyes.

"No." I quickly say and go back to reading my book while simultaneously eating pancakes.

The truth is, the last time I saw him was after he kicked me out of his room, very rudely and angrily I may add.

"He hasn't come down for breakfast." She says to everyone. No one moves, we all just stare at each other, little concern in our eyes. Well I try to hide my worry.

"He's probably still sleeping." Drew chimes in.

"No, Sawyer never sleeps in." Evan shakes his head.

"We can all find the answers if we just go to his room." I say out loud.

"Not it." Evan and Drew say at the same time.

"Not it." Avery touches the tip of her nose and so does Nancy.

Everyone turns to me.

"Looks like you have to check." Drew pats me on the back. "Good luck." He whispers and I give everyone a glare and groan as I walk out of the kitchen. When everyone is out of sight, I smile. I actually do want to see Sawyer, if he even is in his room. 

When I finally make it to his door I knock. No answer and no annoyed grunt. I knock again, but this time lean my ear against the door. No sign of life in Sawyers room. He probably left to work early, who knows.

I slowly open the door and see Sawyers bed empty. I hear the water so I slowly make my way to the noise, afraid I'll find a naked Sawyer.

When I'm in front of the door Sawyer is on the ground, face down. I rush to his side,

"Sawyer." I shake him but he doesn't respond. I quickly scream for help and run back downstairs.

"It's Sawyer! He isn't breathing!" I scream in panic. I hear everyone rushing in and I notice blood coming from Sawyers head. "We need to call the ambulance!" I scream when everyone is by Sawyers side. Nancy is the first to push us away as she puts pressure onto Sawyers open wound.

Drew immediately calls the emergency line. I don't know what to do with myself as I pace back and forth.

"Hey." Avery whispers and I turn at her gentle touch on my back.

I let a tear slide.

"What do you think happened?" I question, still trying to pace back and forth but Avery holds me still.

"Don't stress out. The baby." She whispers as she looks at my stomach.

"What if we didn't come check? What if we thought he left? He could have bled out. I would have found him dead." I over analyze what could have been and Avery immediately shakes her head.

"No. No, that's not what we're going to do. Be thankful you found him when you did. He's going to be okay."

As soon as she says those words we hear the ambulance right outside. I don't remember much after that, I just remember the ambulance people barging in and the next thing I know is we're in a car driving right behind the ambulance.

It seems like an eternity passed by the time we got to see Sawyer. Only one person at a time and only two people.

They all voted me because I found him and I've been shaken up ever since and Evan because they're family.