CHAPTER 86

I'm sitting in the living room. I can't stop shaking my legs and taping my fingers to the rhythm of the ticking clock. I chewed most of my nails of earlier.

Sawyer is going to be home any minute and I didn't get to figure out how to fix the problem I created. I kind of just left it hoping it would go away on its own. I'm not sure if I'm stupid for doing that or genius but either way I am not ready to face Sawyer the moment he walks into the door.

I keep staring at the front door and back to the clock.

"Morning." A gruff voice echoes and I turn startled and let out a small scream. Everything is throwing me off guard.

"Evan." I say evenly as I watch him walk slowly into the kitchen but he stops and turns to me with a smile.

"Can't wait for the show that's about to erupt when Sawyer gets home." He mocks and I roll my eyes.

"I did nothing wrong." I glare at him.

He breathes in through his teeth which makes a clicking sound, "We will see about that." And with that he leaves me alone.

I hear the twist and turn of the doorknob and I brace myself. My heart is beating out of my chest. A random man enters the house with luggage and I feel somewhat relieved and I get up.

Sawyer walks in. He's in casual clothing, and looking down at his phone.

"You couldn't carry your own luggage?" I goad and he slowly looks up to me. He stares at me for a while before he breathes in deeply.

"You couldn't..." he stops himself from replying and turns to luggage guy instead. "Thank you. That's all." He pats luggage guy on the back and proceeds into the kitchen.

Not even a hello. Can't tell if he's pissed or just exhausted from the flight or both.

I hesitantly follow after him, but before he enters the kitchen he turns to me and I crash straight into his chest.

He looks me up and down and I try hiding my growing stomach. I hope he doesn't notice, I hope he doesn't notice.

I'm watching his every move, weary on what might happen next. Is this where I get an earful or a mouthful. I get neither, instead he comes closer to my ear and whispers.

"You look different, beautiful, almost glowy." He says and I gulp down at the passive aggressive comment. He shoots me a teasing smile and I stand there for a moment too long as he walks into the kitchen.

He wants me caught off guard so he can attack.

I feel the presence of one of the guards following me once again and I sigh out, annoyed. I barge straight into the kitchen and straight to Sawyer who is having a laugh and a drink with Evan.

"You're home. Now tell your guard dogs to get off my back and stop following me." I poke at his chest. He slowly takes a sip of his drink and continues to say something in a different language that Evan seems to understand and they both laugh. They laugh.

"Hey!" I snap my fingers and Sawyer finally turns to look down at me.

"No." He says evenly and I frown, not expecting that answer.

"Morning." Avery barges in and she stops mid track and sees Sawyer standing tall in the kitchen. She looks between the both of us, my eyebrows creased and angry and Sawyer calm and collected.

"Morning." Both Evan and Sawyer say. Wow, I didn't get a morning from Sawyer. I look at him but he doesn't bother to look at me.

"So no arguing yet? Can you guys wait until after my breakfast is ready so I have food and a show?" Avery teases. I look at Sawyer who smiles at that response, not expecting that reaction. Again, he doesn't look to me.