CHAPTER 67

Sawyer has not spoken to me for puking everywhere. He thinks it might be a side affect from the medication I've been taking for my rash bite thing.

"I said I'm sorry a million times." I whine as I follow Sawyer around.

"I have reason to believe you're throwing up on purpose." He deadpans and I know he's playing around but I pout.

"I'm sorry." I breathe out one more time.

"Amelia, I said it was alright." He says and I stop in my tracks.

"Amelia? Who is Amelia?" I question.

"What?" Sawyer feigns innocence.

"You said Amelia..." I cross my arms.

He slowly looks at me,

"I did?" He questions further.

"Yes, you did." I push further.

"No." He crosses his arms, denying.

"Yes." I counter.

I sit down at his desk chair. I look at him waiting for him to explain.

"Don't you have anything to do?" He questions. He's looking through piles of paper.

"Yes, listen to who Amelia is."

"It has something to do with our future. She's no one." He says and I'm left even more confused.

"That makes a lot of sense. So much sense. I'm glad we had this talk."

He leans over the desk and his face inches from mine, he gives me a quick smile, "Good."

I groan frustrated, "Sawyer. Why do we always have to do this back and fourth thing?" I complain. His attention is on an envelope he's reading.

"Hmm?" He asks and I look at him. I really look at him.

"You look different." I blurt out. He walks over to me and softly taps me on my shoulder signaling me to get out of his chair. I sit opposite him.

He doesn't hear anything I'm saying.

"Sawyer." I snap my fingers to get his attention. He looks at me,

"Yes?" He questions, surprised I'm still in his office.

"Please." I whisper.

"Not here." He says. He gets up from his seat and walks around to me. I roll my eyes thinking he's just going to leave but he extends his hand down to me. I slowly take his hand,

"Where are we going?" I ask, but he pulls me off the seat and drags me out of his office. We run to the garden and further into the woods.

We stop and he starts moving a pile of leaves. I stand there out of breath and confused.

"What are you doing?" I keep asking questions.

"Don't just stand there. Help." He says and I fall to the ground and just start pushing the leaves to where he's making a pile. I see a secret door flat on the ground.

"Is this where he kills me?" I whisper to myself.

"I need you alive. I see you still don't trust me.." he mutters almost irritated.

I glare at his words. I don't think he knows I heard.

He finds the door handle and tries to pry it open but it seems stuck.

"Need help?" I question, a little sarcasm, a little anger. He just glares right back and breathes in one last time and pulls the door handle as hard as he can. I can hear crackling or like the door is going to break.