CHAPTER 50

"I need to show you something." I walk over to Joseph, but Sawyer holds me back.

"No you don't. We're leaving." He grabs the watch from my hand. I pull out of his grip and head for Jospeh to grab him and make a run for it. It's a maze in this place it would be hard for Sawyer to find me. Especially since he can't scream and curse me out so loudly.

"Someone needs to start talking." Jospeh is starting to get irritated and I push him to run faster. I feel Sawyer right behind us. We hide in the shadows and slow our breathing. The low moans and screams can be heard and it's hard to tell where anything is with the loud echos.

We lean against a brick wall.

"We need to hide in a room." I whisper to him. He nods and looks around. "Why are we running from Sawyer?"

"He's going to ruin everything if we don't."

He walks to a room and I follow him. A groan can be heard but not a zombie monster groan more like a groan from Sawyer.

"Shit sorry." Jospeh immediately backs out.

"Why the hell are you and Sawyer in there doing the dirty?" He questions trying to seem unfazed. I can tell he wants me to explain and he's trying not to panic.

Oh no he saw future us we need to get far from here.

"We need to go." I pull him by the shirt and turn corners before we're in the back of the building, alone and safe.

"You and him. You and him." He keeps repeating.

"You're handling this way better than I could ever." I tell him. He walks back and forth trying to take it all in. "You and my brother? Where are we Opal?"

"Like I said the future. You weren't meant to see that."

"My eyes hurt." He rubs them for dramatic emphasis and taps the side of his head trying to get the image of me and Sawyer out.

"So much for the Sawyer hating club when he's practically in your pants." He seethes.

"That's not something we need to worry about."

"I'm going to kill him." He says and walks back to where we came from.

"No. He's going to kill us. One for you catching that and two, me for running away. He will kill both of us in seconds. We don't stand a chance."

"Why him? You can do so much better." He genuinely asks. He seems so concerned about this.

"We're not here for that. Please forget you saw that. Please. It still gives me nightmares." I plead.

"I can't. The way he was..." he shivers and vomits a little in his mouth.

"I know." I crinkle my nose.

"How far into the future are we and how is this possible?"

"Not sure and not sure." I answer.

"You're giving me Sawyer answers. I promise after we get out of here you won't have to hang out with him. I'll find you a date."

Before I can answer we hear a metal thing fall to the floor.

"Sawyer?" Jospeh says, no answer. Jospeh inches forward it's too dark to see anything.

I hear it before I can scream. The zombie thing jumps out at Jospeh who quickly dodges it. I scream and run, Jospeh right behind me.

"What the hell is that thing? It looks like your drawings." It takes him awhile to put two and two together. "You've been here before!" He shouts. "With Sawyer." He says, almost angry.