CHAPTER 85

When I return home, everything is as is. I hear Sawyers security team yelling and searching for me. I quickly hide the watch under a rose bush and run the opposite way. If they find me here they will know I hid the watch here.

Once I'm hiding in my desired spot, I let myself be caught.

"There you are." A big guy roughly grabs me by the arm and I try to put up a fight but it's no use. He easily carries me back inside.

"Opal, explain what the hell is going on." Drew says when he sees me being dragged inside.

"I'll take it from here." I pull from big guys grip but he tightens his hold on me.

"Is there someplace we can speak to her in private?" Big guy asks.

"Yes, my office." Evan points and the three guys push me in there.

"Woah no, not all three of them, alone with her." Drew says and Evan grabs him by the shoulder and whispers something into his ear.

I feel like I'm being dragged into the principals office.

They push me to sit down and they surround me. The main guy, big guy, bigger than the rest that his shirt barely fits, stands in front of me.

"This can go one of two ways." He says. He doesn't elaborate and pulls out a phone. Sawyer is on speaker phone and I huff out annoyed.

"She's here, sir." Not only does big guy act gruff he sounds gruff, like a bull dog.

"Opal?" I hear Sawyer say through the phone. He seems calm, but I know his blood is boiling. I don't respond and I hear him sigh out. "I'm sorry. I know I should not have sent them over, but I need you to understand that this week is very important and I can't just fly back. I can't deal with your bullshit this week, any other week fine, but not this week." He says and I almost give in and forgive him for sounding so nice.

"What do you want me to do, sir?" Big guy says and Sawyer is quietly thinking. I know he's debating to trust me or not.

"Explain the options." He commands.

"Alright, option one." Big guy starts and he's looking at me, making sure I pay attention. "You give us the watch and we part ways." He says and that boils my blood.

I scoff, "You trust them more than me?" I say out loud, hurt.

Sawyer ignores me and finally answers "Yes, Opal. You prove time and time again that you're too on the whim. You do things without thinking." He says.

I stay quiet. That's not a good enough reason not to trust me. "I've never betrayed you." I counter and Sawyer sighs out.

"Option two," Big guy starts again. "You stay with the watch, but you can't use it. We will be here all week keeping an eye on you." He says and I glare at the phone they're holding.

"You can't do that." I grab the phone from Big guy and move to the corner of the room.

"Sawyer?" I whisper through the phone.

"What?" He whispers back.

"Can this be the one time you learn to trust me? I can prove I won't do anything stupid." I beg.

He's quiet, "Tell me what you did today?" He asks and I know he doesn't want to know about my day.

"The usual." I tell him.

"Mark one." He says.

"What?" I tell him.

"You're lying to me." He says.

"I'm not." I counter.

"Mark two." He says and I stop talking.

"Fine. I time hopped." I whisper.