CHAPTER 77

After Sawyers apology, I stayed in my room the whole time.

I can hear quiet rummaging and whispering and I slowly sit up. I guess I fell asleep without knowing.

My vision is a little blurred but I see lights in the corner of my room and I realize it's a small Christmas tree decorated with lights and presents all around it.

It's almost three in the morning and I see Sawyer standing in front of the small tree admiring it.

"Sawyer?" My voice is dry. I'm still trying to process if this is a dream or not.

"Finally you're up." He says.

"What are you doing?" I sit up and wrap the blanket around me.

"Come here." He reaches for my hand and he pulls me out of bed. There's a blanket and some pillows in front of the tree. I take a seat on a pillow and Sawyer sits beside me.

"You're wearing Christmas pajamas." I gasp, a little surprised.

"Mhm." He says with a small smile. I can't explain how cozy it feels in my room right now.

"What is all this?" I question.

"It's Christmas." He gestures with his hands.

I look at him suspiciously and he rolls his eyes. "Come on, open one." He hands me one and I slowly unwrap the boxed gift. Inside are pajamas, not exactly like Sawyers but similar.

"When did you have time to get this stuff?" I question.

"Change into them." He ignores my question and I run into the bathroom and quickly change.

"We're matching. Are you okay with that?" I question a little concerned.

"Come on, open another one." He says and I look at the gifts in front of me and choose a random one.

I slowly unwrap it and realize it's a book. 

"I know you're tired of the library and the books in there so I chose a few I think you might like." He quietly says.

I open the book and realize it's written in and annotated and there's sticky notes and it's highlighted and I look up at him.

"How long ago did..." I stop talking midway and turn to him. "Thank you. This is the best gift I've ever received." I scoot to him and give him a hug. "Thank you." I whisper again.

"You're not done. There's more." He says, and he wiggles his eyebrows.

"All your presents are downstairs." I let him know.

"I'll open them tomorrow." He shrugs.

I nod and grab a different box.

"Did you wrap all of these?" I question as I open this gift. They're all so perfectly wrapped.

"Yes." He nods.

I laugh to myself. I can't imagine him taking the time to carefully wrap each one up.

When I finally get the box open it's a set of sweats and a jumper.

"It's going to start getting cold. I know how much you like comfy clothes." He says and I pull out the set. It's all a nice dark green color.

"Thank you. I've been needing to buy some of these." I tell him and he nods. I grab another box and inside are black boots.

"For rainy days." He explains and I nod. "Wait wait, let me get you hot chocolate." He says and I hear his footsteps as he races downstairs.