CHAPTER 35

Everyone is looking at me funny. I try to ignore them as I take a bite of my food.

"Guys, I'm hungry. Just here eating. I'm fine." I sigh out, but they continue to watch me, treating me like a delicate child. I roll my eyes and take a bite.

Sloppy joes. My ultimate favorite. No idea why but the flavor, the texture, just brings pure joy to my tastebuds.

"Who made these again?" I question and they all stay quiet.

Evan clears his throat before he raises his hand.

"They're good. Bad part on you, I will be bugging you to make these for me every chance I get." I take another bite and I catch Sawyer smirk as his dazzling eyes watch me eat. He's sitting in a chair, laid back and relaxed, his arms crossed. He seems almost calm.

"Can you guys explain what happened?" I ask, again. They've all explained it at least twenty times but I don't remember any of it.

"You were acting wild." Evan chimes in.

"You were screaming nonsense." Jospeh says and I look at all of them, my face tinging red.

"I don't remember doing that." I tell them and they chuckle as if they don't believe me.

"You were mad howling at Sawyer. He was panicking." Jospeh laughs, and Sawyer rolls his eyes.

"I was not panicking." He bites back, playfully.

"Then you just stopped breathing." Jospeh says quietly, and everyone looks down at me sadly.

"Sawyer was down here trying to revive you but nothing worked. You were dead." Evan creases his eyebrows not believing in any word coming out of his mouth can be true, and I nod, confused as well.

I look to Sawyer whose relaxed nature seems to be broken. His hands ball into fists and he's biting his jaw.

"Okay, that's enough." Sawyer says and he kicks everyone out.

"I don't remember anything, you have to believe me." I plead to Sawyer, he turns to me confused as he closes the door.

"What?" He questions.

"What did I say to you?" I question, trying to get something out of him.

"It doesn't matter. And I believe you." He gives me a soft smile. I feel slightly relieved but he will always remember everything I said. Especially if I was saying crazy things or even embarrassing things.

"Can you get me another sloppy joe?" I question, my eyes hopeful as I hand him back my empty plate.

"I saved your life and I'm reduced down to your maid?" He questions and I smile.

"Like the person who saved my life or like the person who makes the best sloppy joes?" I question, weighing my options out on my hands. "I think I'll go with the guy who made these sloppy joes." I raise my left hand higher than my right. "Sorry Sawyer, looks like Evan wins." I fake pout and he rolls his eyes.

He takes the plate from my hand and he walks out. I sigh out and look around the room. The only thing I remember is the excruciating pain. It felt like my body was melting from the inside. The weird thing is, I remember when I was dead. I remember what Sawyer was saying, except my body was coursing with rage that I didn't care. I was dead, how was I still hearing everything?