CHAPTER 76

It's Christmas in two days. I still don't know what to get Sawyer or where to even begin. I've bought everyone else a gift except him.

The house has been gloomy ever since Petra passed. Sawyer hasn't been home all that much and when he is boy is he cranky.

"Can you take me to the store? I just need to browse and maybe something might give me an idea for Sawyer." I ask Avery and she nods.

"Yes, of course. Just let me finish this." She points to her plate of food which falls onto her lap when Sawyer angrily barges in.

Avery groans annoyed. "God, Sawyer. Stop brooding all the time." She finally snaps.

He looks between the both of us and storms off.

"He's dramatic for what? We get it, he's sad."

"I think he's more angry and revengeful than anything." I try to make myself feel better. He can't care for Petra that much can he. Granted, I don't know much about their past.

"Maybe. But he's Sawyer. He will fix this. He always does." She grabs my hand. "You seem worried. Let me change and then we will head out." She softly smiles.

I'm still raking my brain for gift ideas but I don't know.

It doesn't take us long before we enter the third store.

"What about pajama set? I never see him in comfy clothes. He's always in those stupid suits." She rolls her eyes.

"I mean that would be nice but they're too Christmasy, he wouldn't wear them." I scrunch my nose.

"Right, you're the Sawyer expert." She rolls her eyes. I can tell she's getting annoyed.

We walk around everywhere. The kitchen supplies and I debate getting him an apron. Shoes, clothes, toys, watches, electronics, and even books but I still have no idea what to get him.

"Nothing?" She questions after she finds me wandering around empty handed. I sigh out, frustrated, exhausted, and hungry.

"Nothing..." I give the store one more glance and frown. "What the hell does Sawyer like?"

"There's this antique store. Maybe you'll find something for him there." Avery suggests, shrugging as she waits for me to answer. "Since he's a grumpy old man." She makes fun of him.

"True. Okay let's check it out." She loops her arms into mine and she leads me to the store.

I'm immediately overwhelmed with all the cool trinkets everywhere. Old type writers, lamps, tables, picture frames, statues. There are old old toys and things from wars.

"This is cool." I whisper.

"Come on the cool stuff is on the second floor." She drags me down the stairs and there are rows and rows of stuff.

"Hey, why don't you give him one of your drawings. I've seen how many times you've drawn him." She eyes me suspiciously.

"I don't draw him that much." I glare.

"Please, there's a whole sketch book of him in different angles, his eyes, his hair, his hands, arms...."

I cover her mouth. "You've been snooping." I glare.

"It was an accident." She shrugs.

"That would be a nice gift. One of him and you can use that as wrapping paper or something creative. It's meaningful." She says and I ponder on it.

"This is cool." I grab a silver knife dagger thing. "I feel like he would like this, it might be useful." I see a whole collection of daggers with different unique designs and I'm not sure which one he would like.