CHAPTER 95

I can't stop crying. I can't stop shaking. One moment I'm filled with rage and the next I'm overwhelmed with sadness.

"Some tea." Avery whispers as she sits behind me. She rubs my back but nothing anyone is doing is helping.

I stare out the window as I drink the hot tea. The burning sensation hurting the back of my throat, but I don't care.

"Repeat to me what happened." I hear Sawyers voice. He's angry, but he's keeping his cool. He's been on phone calls all morning and he's gone out with Evan trying to find a lead on anything but they all come to an end.

"When you left, I had him in my arms." Avery starts, her voice is shaky and I know it's because she's scared of Sawyer. If Sawyer could have his way he would have her head by now. Everyone's head. "I took him downstairs. He fell asleep in my arms. Drew took him for a bit then gave him back to me. I asked Nancy if she could keep and eye on him while I pee. She agreed. I placed him down in the living room crib. Nancy was only a few feet away. When I came out of the bathroom he was gone." She's crying by the end of the story.

"Stop making her repeat it." I shout to Sawyer. He looks at me and slowly turns back to Avery.

"I need details." He shakes her. "Rein-act it all out." He tells her and she sighs out. She's gone through this at least ten times. "How long were you in the bathroom?" He spews.

"Five minutes." She cries out. "He was right there. Right there." She weeps on the floor and I go and console her.

"All video footage of that time is wiped. This was very well planned." Evan comes out from his office.

I watch as Sawyer paces back and fourth, thinking of every scenario.

I sneak into Sawyers office. He slept in here, the watch has to be in here.

I take it and jump forward into time.

There are blue flashing lights everywhere. It's a facility. I'm in a facility.

I slowly make my way through the building, trying corners randomly. I bump into someone.

"I'm so sorry." I don't look them in the eye and continue walking.

"How are you out of your room?" She questions. She's dressed in a white coat. The bells and lights go off again and we both are startled.

"What do you mean out?" I question.

"Going after your son?" Whits voice makes my body twitch. I turn around to see him, he's holding a cane and leaning more on one leg. I don't say anything but kick at his leg. He falls to the floor and that's when I make a run for it.

I start running and pull the doctor with me.

"Take me to my son. Where is he?" I scream into her ear. She leads me to where he is and I kick the door open. He's in a large room with a bunch of other doctors.

He's connected to wires and bruised.

"Unplug him now!" I shout, and grab a knife from a nearby table.

The doctors put their hands up and one slowly unhooks my son.

I rush to his side.

"Ezra." I whisper into his ear. I hear him groan but he doesn't wake up. He's older. He has to be three or four years old. "My poor baby. What have they done to you?" I whisper, brushing his matted hair.

As soon as they unhook the last wire, I scoop his tiny frail body into my arms. I make a run for it.

"Lock down. All doors will remain shut. Lock down." A robotic voice sounds through a system and I try exiting out different doors, but all of them are locked.