Chapter 39: Warehouse Wary

Y/N's POV

The double doors to the warehouse were blown off their hinges with a single shot from my beretta. The path inside now being compromised by two guards who were already stood inside.

Without even acknowledging them, I walked on through the doorframe, my powers grabbing them and breaking bones as I walked past them. Then when I came to a halt, the men were slammed into the stone floor with vicious speed.

Now I was looking at an opening in the ceiling that lead to a second floor. And on that second floor was yet again: more guards. On my current floor, doors opened to reveal enemies sprinting through with guns loaded. It was like I'd just walked into a boss room in a fucking Spider-Man game. Only thing missing was a single brute to repeatedly land attacks that I'd very clearly have dodged.

"Hold your fire." A voice stated firmly. Just a second later, Tyrant walked out to the edge of the ceiling. He knelt down so that he could look below at me a little easier. Or at least that's what I assumed he was doing. He could've been surrendering for all I know. Might've seen my resilience and decided I'm too good and will fuck him up.

"Huh, you again? Thought you'd be dead after that explosion." Tyrant thought aloud, only managing to tick me off.

"You cheated in that fight. You used explosives." I said randomly. Not sure why it was the first thing that came to mind.

"What are you expecting, dumbass? Isn't that what terrorists do?" He narrowed his eyes at me, and I restrained from shooting him then and there. Thinking about other things to calm down was surprisingly helpful. Food, weaponry, the Scarlet Witch who would quite possibly strangle me if I let another landmark get nuked.

I glanced around the bottom floor for a second, never actually seeing warehouses that often. Even so, I didn't really think that warehouses were supposed to be full of so many metal rods.

All around the outskirts of the warehouse were crates full of long metal rods, all with the words Carbon Steel in big bold letters on the front.

"Most people stockpile food and sanitiser, but you're stockpiling carbon steel? You're a fool, sir. A fool." I shook my head.

"You're determined, I admit. But determination is nothing compared to power." Tyrant clicked his fingers, and in seconds his men were on the attack. A few unwisely charged in at me, while the smarter ones laid back and began to circle around.

There was a second or two where I thought about using my sword. Though considering last time I would've died without Cosmo, I'm not going to challenge fate. I had a short time to make a decision as the first man got closer.

I quickly moved forward to meet him, stabbing my claws through his abdomen, then throwing him to the side as the next two came at me. I made quick work by literally just putting a bullet in each of their heads.

The rest of them seemed a little intimidated, but not deterred. They were surprisingly close together, which was a horrible tactic since I could literally blast them all in one shot. Though, that wasn't the plan.

"I think you're all way more concerned with me than you should be at the moment." I stated. The sound of metal piercing the air made a couple look to the side. They were met by quick deaths as a sharp metal disc sliced through 6 of them before returning to Ryan's hand behind them.

"Evening." He waved. A metal mask covered his face. Sheets of one way glass were placed where his eyes rested, and allowed him sight from the mask. I couldn't help but think he looked like a predator.