Chapter 58: Thor's Return

Ryan's POV

It felt like an endless swarm of these god damn aliens. I mean, that's basically what it was. This entire time I'd been fighting with my wrist blades, arm blades, shurikens, kunai rope dart- or chain dart should I say?

An alien ran at me, and I hastily impaled it by stabbing my wrist blade through its skull. A second, third, and fourth began charging, too. It wasn't too much of a deal. I simply threw a single shuriken, putting spin on it and allowing it to slice through all three of the creatures.

"This is kind of fun." I said aloud. Call me belligerent if you'd like.

"You and I have very different perspectives of 'fun'." Natasha called to me from nearby. She was mid way through taking down an enemy with her batons, but was free enough to tell me that.

The sound of metal being smashed together made me look up into the air. Rhodey went flying down to the ground as some type of metal hammer retracted back towards the opening of the barrier. The two leading aliens... I didn't care for their names, began storming through into the battle.

Grunts and yells started to go off around, and I could see that we were starting to be overrun. This wasn't exactly looking good. T'Challa went down. Steve went down. Bruce eventually went down. Five more of them started coming after me.

"This is just great." I mumbled. Suddenly, something crashed down into the middle of the battle. Glancing over my shoulder, I saw a white- or rainbow coloured light shining down with a loud boom. Following this was an electrified axe flying out of the light, cutting down aliens and slashing through the ones that were pressuring the team. What the hell was that?

The five creatures that were coming at me got within striking distance before they were torn apart by the axe. The weapon flew back to the light just as it dissipated, landing in the hand of none other than Thor.

Didn't this guy disappear back when Bruce did? I don't keep up with the Avengers and their news. I suppose I technically was one of them now, but still. Stood with Thor was a walking tree and a... raccoon? Did this guy just appear from Narnia?

The entire battlefield seemed to pause just to stare at him. It was a reasonable thing to do. The entrance was quite badass, I had to admit.

"You poor things are so fucked!" I heard Link shout out. He wasn't wrong. At least I hoped he wasn't. Lightning began to charge around Thor as he started up a run.

"Bring me Thanos!" He bellowed, sprinting out towards the creatures with his two friends behind him. He dove into the air with electric sparking all around him as he slammed his axe down into the ground, creating a shockwave of lightning that zapped a huge group of the aliens.

What. A. Beast.

Y/N's POV

"My Gamora..." Thanos replied unconsciously. Whether he could hear us or not, I couldn't tell. He might've just been thinking about this 'Gamora' person.

"No, bullshit!" Quill snarled at him. Something felt wrong. Thanos shouldn't have been this easy to subdue. "Where is she?"

"He is in anguish." Mantis said from atop his shoulders. What even were her powers? She puts people to sleep, she tells emotions. Wasn't something I'd heard of. "He... he mourns."

"What's this jackass got to mourn over?" I looked around curiously. It took me a few seconds to register the blue, robotic woman who was just kind of there behind me.

"Quill." The woman said, causing him to look at her. There was a look on her face that I couldn't read. A mix between realisation and emptiness if I had to guess.